driving with chameleons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have in no way said SHE was harsh so please read my post again.
I just feel that the more experienced cham owners should be nice regardless of their knowledge because we are all human and words can be hurtful to someone especially new cham owners....
In what way do you think ANYONE needs to be harsh?
The guy was just asking if he can move his cham whilst he goes away and the suggestions were more leaning towards his being a bad owner and that he should get rid of the cham?
That IMO is NOT good advice...

Is sure sounded like you were trying to prove her wrong and that's what this thread has been doing every since it started. Some people piss others off when they give the wrong advice. Its as simple as that.

I have in no way said SHE was harsh so please read my post again. I also accept that Julirs is a VERY respected person, I just feel that the more experienced cham owners should be nice regardless of their knowledge because we are all human and words can be hurtful to someone especially new cham owners....
In what way do you think ANYONE needs to be harsh?
The guy was just asking if he can move his cham whilst he goes away and the suggestions were more leaning towards his being a bad owner and that he should get rid of the cham?
That IMO is NOT good advice...

Uhm no, it was never suggested he was a bad owner, it was said that if he is unable to find someone to watch over the chameleon on the times he goes to the trailer park and it is something he has to do every weekend perhaps he should consider finding him a new home. I know you dont think it is good advice, but Juli has been around a while and knows what shes talking about, and no Juli Im not referring to your age :p. It is is the chameleons best interest.

all controversy aside i may have a solution.

Hi chamnoobs! Believe it or not someone else lives in brampton who keeps chameleons. Give me a pm when you are thinking about going on vacation and i will keep an eye on your baby (if that's okay with your folks):d

steamy thread!
Look! A solution!

Is sure sounded like you were trying to prove her wrong and that's what this thread has been doing every since it started. Some people piss others off when they give the wrong advice. Its as simple as that.

I was just pointing out the fact that during the whole arguement between Julirs and Elizadots, Julirs in the long run had said exactly what Elizadots said in the first place... Said how it was best to transport and that once a week was too much...

The only thing I directed towards Julirs was the first part of my original post and the rest was just my rantings... I never aimed anything else at her.
I also see nowhere where Elizadots has given the wrong advice, it is ALL opinion at the end of the day and it's up to the OP whether he takes it.

Uhm no, it was never suggested he was a bad owner, it was said that if he is unable to find someone to watch over the chameleon on the times he goes to the trailer park and it is something he has to do every weekend perhaps he should consider finding him a new home. I know you dont think it is good advice, but what really do you know? It is is the chameleons best interest.

I am all for the chameleons interest... I would never do anything to harm my own cham INCLUDING taking him on weekly trips.
I may not be as successful as Julirs but I am doing my own thing and it is working well.

I am all for the chameleons interest... I would never do anything to harm my own cham INCLUDING taking him on weekly trips.
I may not be as successful as Julirs but I am doing my own thing and it is working well.

well if you are saying that taking him on weekly trips is Ok then I think you need to reconsider your level of experience.

I guess it just depends on the cham. Both of my guys love to ride but I hear others on here that have to put them in dark boxes to ride. My guys love to sit up high and look around. I have small travel cages for them both and sometimes if just a short distance they ride on a small tree that will sit in the floor of the front passangers seat.

well if you are saying that taking him on weekly trips is Ok then I think you need to reconsider your level of experience.

I said I would never harm him which includes taking him on weekly trips...
I just don't think it's appropriate to say things that are a little harsh when someone is asking a question (not directing that at Julirs either, it was to the whole post).
I just think it's always better that when someone is asking a genuine question about caring for their chams that people are nice without saying things like 'get a dog, not a cham'
I just didn't see why that question had to lead to him 'to think about re-homing his cham' There were other options that would have worked well before he had to rehome his cham

holy fuck, sorry everyone for all the stress, sounds like itd be better if i just dumped him on the road and let him get hit by a car then put in one eh ?

i feel so disrespected, i just wanted to know if its bad, ive never read anyhting on driving. of course if its bad ima get a sitter, you guys are saying things that make me sound like an abuser. like wtf you dont even know me, its a simple question. and 2 ) message eachother if you wanna fight and argue about stuff. dont mess up my thread, im looking for advice not war.

sorry for those who gave me good advice and ty
sorry for swearing ;P

Last edited:
Sorry your thread got so out of hand. It was NOT directed at you. You had a question and we attempted to answer it, some people though did not think our answers were right and started an arguement over it. Again, it was NOT your fault or directed at you.

well i have a 5 months old veild, she is my first, and summer time is coming. and in the summer me and my family tend to make alot of trips up to my trailer park in terra cotta. its a beautifull place with loads of sun in the summer, and i have a screen room attached to the outside of my trailer that im sure she would love to hangout in and bask in the actual uva's/uvb's.

my question is. is it stresfull to chameleleons if they are drivin around ? , its apox 30 min drive from my house to the trailer park and ill be going there almost every friday till sunday or monday when i drive back home, will this be okay ?

Hi ChamNoob
Havent read the entire thread because it appeared to go immediately downhill and become something that wouldnt make me happy.
So hopefully what I say isnt a big boring repeat! LOL
The screen room sounds lovely. If you were going there for a lengthy period of time (the whole summer, for example), it would probably be worth the stress of the move, if done right. But chameleons generally do not like to be handled, removed from their territory/home, jostled about on a drive (even if in a dark box so as to induce "sleep"), and suprised with the stress of a suddenly new (and thus stressfull) territory. They take a bit of time to adjust to every change. Probably best therefore to leave the chameleon behind, with lights on a timer, an auto watering system or have someone pop in to refill a dripper and spray. Depending on your normal feeding routine, if you fed Friday morning before you left the animal may just be perfectly fine to wait until Monday for the next meal. Do you keep her such that she doesnt lay eggs? that might be best, otherwise you also have to ensure an appropriate laying bin is in her cage all the time, and frequently cleaned.

I was so hoping this thread would go back to the original poster. I'm glad to see that happening.

I think Sandrachameleon's post is spot on and very well presented.

ChamNoob, you would be wise to follow her advise.

It's time for everyone to take a chill pill moment :)
I think some of the post already got out of the topic. Especially with a new thread referring to the argument of this thread.

I am doing 24 hours cooling down period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom