Drainage in screen enclosure

lou8706

Hey everyone. I I recently just got a new enclosure for my panther chameleon. It is an aluminum screen cage with pvc board bottom. I am curious how to keep all the excess water from misting from getting all over the floor. Right now i don't have to worry about it because i keep him outside 24/7 since it is summer and so nice out, so the water can just soak into the ground. I am looking for something that the can catch the water, not just soak it up like a towel. Thanks for any suggestions.

go to a hardware store and but a mortar pan. its for mixing concrete .
cut a drain hole in the center of it .find a sink screen ,you know that catches
all the stuff you rinse of your dishes.take the mortar pan on something like a tupperware box or bucket .now un screw the bottom of the cage you have now and sit it in the mortar pan.this will catch all the dripping and all ya gotta
do is lift the cage off and empty the catch every evening.
photo1wq6.jpg
note this is only a
temporary set up, i just finished building her cage last night and letting paint
dry for 24 hours before moving into house.

You could also just drill decent size holes in the bottom. Take some hot glue to attach a small piece of screen over the holes. You can now just place it on a catch container.

One way is to drill a whole bunch of tiny holes and place a large tupperware container underneath your enclosure to catch all the access water from misting.

you could drill a hole in the bottom of your tub with a rubber grommet and 1/4 inch tubing, and you culd have it drain out the back or side to a five gallon water jug

Back
Top Bottom