does your baby panther get black bars when you handle it?

rango87

my baby panther chameleon gets black bars when i handle him.after a few mins he will go a light grey.

i handle him once a day for 5-10 mins.i also put him on a tall orchid plant.i am going to buy a big fake house plant for him very soon.i keep him close to his viv too.

he doesnt puff,hiss or bite just shows black bars.he doesnt show any aggression at all.

my question is once hes used to me will these go? shall i stop handling him or carry on and see how he goes.

did your baby panther show black bars when you first started handling?

The black barring is a stress indication. Panther chameleons are basically "touch me not" animals as with all chams. Be very careful stressing especially a baby too much. Stress can weaken the already compromised immune system of babies and kill them. I would at least wait until your Cham has some size before trying to handle it unnecessarily. Just a personal opinion. Not trying to tell you what to do. Just trying to help so nothing happens unintentionally.

I would also suggest getting at least 1 real plant (umbrella plants are awesome and cheap) because they help alot with humidity and give natural vegetation to hide in and for water droplets to collect for the Cham to drink from.

i already have 2 live plants ficus & an umbrella.
ok so i will just carry on handfeeding him and gain more trust.

Back
Top Bottom