DIY Enclosure ! ToolBox?

Mystic

Yes. You read right. We wanted to make Milly an enclosure that was larger in size of the DIY enclosure we made awhile back. We have been keeping a durable plastic toolbox in our storage and decided to see what we could do with it. The tool box is fairly new and we washed it very well. After we let it dry completely, we measured out ventelation spots on the top, both sides and the complete front of the door. My hot glue gun became my best friend in the screening part of this. Once the screening was in place, my husband measured out where to mount it to the wall. We have the enclosure at 7 feet high with 1 foot space to the floor. He cut out a piece of plastic of some extra cut from the door to make a shelf that will hold her plants. He added a lip to the front and sealed everything. Drilled a few holes for draining, added a funnel to the bottom and a tray that came with the tool box to collect the water. The screen at the top has enough room for her basking light and her uvb. We have her Golden Pothos plant hanging and her camelia plant lowered on a stand. Along with her vines and wooden rods.

Her living area is measured at 2x2x4 1/2 feet. She has plenty of ventelation for this odd DIY. She seems to be liking it. Explorering and picking her spots she likes.
We are manageing to keep her humidity between 50%-70%. Her basking spot is staying at 81f. Milly is a female veiled chameleon, so we keeping her temps to help reduce her becomeing gravid and large clutches. Aslo keeping her on schedualed diet to help her with it too.

We really think she is liking it. Plenty of room and she is way higher than us while she is in her new home.

These are the pictures I took of her DIY enclosure.

This is before putting her plants and vines in.
NewEnclosure_zpseb576095.jpg

These are the vent spots we put in. The reason its not fully screen is because of the rivits that was made into the toolbox.
NewEnclosure3_zps02b5535f.jpg

This is the enclosure being closed
NewEnclosure2_zpsbf9b05ee.jpg

With her door open. I placed one of her suppliment jars to show the size of her enclosure.
NewEnclosure6_zps16d8f4b8.jpg

Closer view of Milly checking out her new enclosure.
NewEnclosure4_zpsf56c1c90.jpg

Milly waking up in her home.
ImMovingHangOn_zpsd054b50f.jpg

Hello Everyone on the ChameleonForums !!!
hi_zps4e091e19.jpg

Thats a very nice enclosure how do you get the horizontal perches to stay though I have been using thumb tacks but not sure how long it will hold in the long term.

Thank you ! :) We use heavy duty thumb tacks from the hardware store. The rods are sitting on the edge of the plastic where we cut out the vents on the sides.

Back
Top Bottom