DIY Drip system

JohnR

Was wondering how to make a drip system and if anyone knew how to do it.

Or where a good one is to purchase.

The Little Dripper is always acceptable, but I personally think it's a bit more fun and less expensive to build one yourself ;)

I made one, and what I did worked pretty well, the only downside is that you couldn't adjust the drip speed, so when you were making it, that was it.
I took PVC about 1 1/2' wide in diameter, and I capped of one end. The other end I got a 90 degree bend piece and sealed it off with caulk. In the bottom of the tube, I drilled very, very tiny holes, and made them big enough so that water would come through, but small enough to where it wasn't a waterfall. Pour water in the bend piece, and watch the magic :)

Back in the early days we'd just get an IV fluids setup with a refillable bag from a medical supply store. All you'd have to figure out is where to hook the bag so its higher than the cage. The lines and flow control mechanism is better than the Little Dripper ever was IMHO.

Here's 1 for under a dollar! Go to the deli & buy a 1lb deli cup & an 8ounce cup! The 1lb cup i cut a round hole in the bottom. The 8ounce I put a pin hole in! Start out with a small hole first, you can always make it bigger! Set the 8 oz cup inside the 1lb cup, fill 8oz with water & set on top of screen Cage & let drip on plants! I use a mistking mister but sometimes use the deli cup method to!

Was wondering how to make a drip system and if anyone knew how to do it.

Or where a good one is to purchase.

I took a solo cup and poked a sewing needle hole through the bottom...messed around with a few cups making the hole slightly bigger/smaller until I was happy with it and it's been working great!

I have The Little Dripper but I find the cup method fits my needs better. I do like the IV fluid bag idea though. The long line is helpful as well. I should get one. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom