different feeders

ethan99

I'm kinda getting bored of feeding my veiled chameleon crickets and meal worms, what other things will he like?

Hornworms are high in water content. Silkworms, Butterworms, Blue Bottle Flies, Dubia Roaches. Check out the site sponsors for more ideas.

Lets see there are roaches and lots of them that you can feed to your guy but most popular are dubias and discords I believe (depending on where you live). You could also look in to different worms like butter worms, silkworms and horn worms.

I'm kinda getting bored of feeding my veiled chameleon crickets and meal worms, what other things will he like?

Variety is the spice of life. All my chams enjoy a varied diet. I give them a staple diet of crickets supplemented with Dubia roaches, hornworms, silkworms, silk moths, super worms, phoenix worms, and very occasional wax worms whenever I find a fresh looking bunch.

Now they can have very different preferences. My male really isn't a fan of roaches but loves hornworms and silkworms.

My female seems to love everything. She's even tried to shoot something outside her cage. One day I kept hearing a thump sound every few seconds like something was hitting the cage screen. A hornworm was on the bookshelf next to her cage and she was trying her hardest to get the bugger. She would aim, shoot, and, WHUMP. Her tongue would hit the screen. She must have done that 3 or 4 times in about 30 seconds.

Does anyone know a reliable dealer for nightcrawlers/earthworms? My oustaleti male likes them, and I think I need to switch it up for them. Hornworms are just a hit or miss with my guys (big chameleons). And my dubia/discoid bins don't produce fast enough to keep up with them.

I read the canadian nightcrawlers/red worms don't produce very fast in culture. Anyone here have experience? Wal-Mart used to sell a cup of 25 of them in the bait section for like $3.00 but they're sold out near me.

Back
Top Bottom