Dieing chameleon, help!

I am so very sorry to hear about your little man. You could try giving him a drop or two of pedialyte. I don't know how close you are with him but all my chams are very comfortable laying on my chest and when their time comes to pass I lay them on my chest and lightly stroke them the way I do at night when they are getting ready for bed. This seems to make them very relaxed and comfortable and they pass close to me on my chest while I stroke them. It's very hard for me but seems to make it easier for them.

I am sorry to hear about your Chameleon. Honestly, if he is on the verge of passing away and you know he cannot be saved/helped then I do not recommend force feeding/water because this will only make things more stressful for him as he dies. I would try to make him as comfortable as you can and allow him to leave this world in as peaceful a way as can be provided. This said, if there is a chance he can be helped to recover then that is a different story and immediate steps would need to be taken, such as getting some Reptiboost, water, pedialite in him a.s.a.p. If he is alive then getting him to a vet may be the best thing to do, if it is an option?

i'm going to the pet shop to see if i can get anything to add to the water to give him a boost.

i'm not forceing water down him, i give him water on a regular basis through a syringe and every time i get close to him with it he wants the water as he opens his mouth, but barely.

i'm going to try my best to see if i can get him back on his feet without distressing him though.

all they had was ReptiSafe Terrarium Water Conditioner which i already have so i'll try it and see if it makes any diffrence with him.

Awe this is so heartbreaking. It sounds like as if he is going to pass. I am so sorry that I can not offer any advice that can help you. I agree that if he one that likes to be handled by you and is no longer able to get any fluids that you just hold him and comfort him during this time. I am so deeply sorry as I can see you have had him and loved him for 5 years. My heart is with you.

i'm not sure if he has passed, his mouth is open, he's not moving at all and his eyes are closed, i thing he will be gone in the next hour or so. cant believe he's gone, he was my first chameleon and i had him for so long, through so much aswell, probably sounds stupid, but it's like a piece of me has gone.

I am so very sorry. It is always very hard to let our special little friends go. My heart goes out to you and I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Awe I am so very sorry. I understand you would feel like part of you is gone. He was a part of your life for a long time. Please know you are in my heart and prayers as you get through this difficult time.

I'm so sorry for you and your lil guy. I was rooting for you that he might just come around but if you think the ends near then you should be with him and take care of him. Its so hard even with the smallest of creatures. :(

he's dead, i'm going to bury him later today, it's too wet outside to do anything decent for him.

hopefully i'm going to get a new one today.

I am so sorry for your loss :( Losing a chameleon is hard. may he R.I.P He sure did get to enjoy his 5 years with you. My oldest chameleon is 5 this year I am dreading the ay something happens to him. so I truly feel for you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom