Defiling a chameleons dead corpse?

TRohr

So I just had a very strange thought while looking at pictures of my chameleon....

Does anyone have a fully intact chameleon skeleton? When my chameleon eventually passes on I'll cremate him, but a full chameleon skeleton- prepared professionally- on display in my front room would be pretty amazing if you ask me (I am a Biologist after all)....

It would feel strange to do such a thing to my beloved chameleon, but he wouldn't be using his body anymore and how often do you get to look at a complete chameleon skeleton...?

I'm a full organ donor. When I die I'm going to be completely parted out, and whatever remains is going to be cremated or used for scientific purposes. Sort of where this is stemming from....

What is everyone's thoughts?

when I go I want to be taxidermied..... lol. I think a skeleton would be cool, a jackson or anything with odd rostral protuberences would be best imho. Ive seen a web site - americanheadhunters.com that either does or has skeletal preps

Last edited:
Veiled skeletons are cool

I saw one at a show. It was pretty awesome.

I agree that I could not do that to my Yoda, but a lab specimen or even a recreation would be cool.

I had my dear Lily (my first female cham) cremated. Her ashes are in a tiny decorated box above her viv, which Amy now lives in. It was heartbreaking when she died so it's nice to have her ashes still with me. We had our first cat and first male glider cremated too.

I have a full skeleton of both a male and female Calumma p. parsonii of mine that died in a carbon monoxide leak I had in my house a few years back. I've not taken the time to rearticulate the skeleton and mount them in a realistic fashion but I keep telling myself I am going to make a nice mount of the two of them. I have a number of other frozen specimens of various species that I don't need for morphology studies or alcohol specimens and am planning on throwing them in the big box too at some point.

Chris

I necropsy almost everything when they pass on! There's always something to learn about the anatomy, and with w/c fish and herps, I've found some interesting parasites.

Back
Top Bottom