dark splotches and not going to bathroom

somebuminchina

hey all I noticed my veiled had some dark splotches on her side and spine and has not been going to the bathroom. It also seems at though legs are a little swollen. I recently put a lay bin in in case she need to lay eggs but nothing. Thanks for the help everyone

Attachments

• IMG_20140124_194802_280.jpg
    IMG_20140124_194802_280.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20140124_194825_168.jpg
    IMG_20140124_194825_168.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 86
Those look like burn marks! How hot is ur basking temps they should be at 85 degrees to make sure this does n ot happen:( U will need to bring him to a vet if this is the case and get some antibiotics to help heal the burns

I don't have experience with burning,but it seems burning to me too...A vet can probably help!
(Are you sure you have a female? I am confused with bars and spots now...)
Since when she hasn't pooped? Give her a shower! It can help or olive oil drops, fruits (if yours likes them because mine doesn't eat any fruit or veg.).

im pretty sure i have a female. i dont see any spur on the hind legs. she has gone to the bathroom a little bit but not like the big poop she used to have and this has been about a week. I tried having her walk along my hand treadmill to see if a little activity might help her but it didnt. not to be irresponsible with my pet but a lot of the vets near me are pretty expensive. do you think neosporin would work on her burn? when you say olive oil drops do you mean put the oil on her or feed her them?

Honestly, I don't know neosporin but if it is for burning then I would try.
Antibio is needed if it gets worse.
So my cham didn't poop once for a week. Oil drops on the crickets weren't enough so IT gave her some drops in his mouth for about 3 days. Then I don't know what but something helped and pooped. Shower is good too!

First off, you do have a female.

Females can have slight barring like that, but it is not as distinct and clear as a males is.

Second- I do not think its a burn. I think its just old shed and a black casque.

Adult veileds get varying shades of black,brown, and grey on the edges of their casques and spines. Its totally normal.

I would suggest a good shower to help remove any stuck shed, and up her mistings and humidity some.

Burns tend to look more like a blister, or yellow fluid filled sac on chams.

First off, you do have a female.

Females can have slight barring like that, but it is not as distinct and clear as a males is.

Second- I do not think its a burn. I think its just old shed and a black casque.

Adult veileds get varying shades of black,brown, and grey on the edges of their casques and spines. Its totally normal.

I would suggest a good shower to help remove any stuck shed, and up her mistings and humidity some.

Burns tend to look more like a blister, or yellow fluid filled sac on chams.
It does look like an old shed in the picture. When my chameleons shed sometimes they look like that. Just keep an eye on it. To see if it blisters. And If she eats. The poo has to go somewhere eventually. Watch her feeder intake and make sure their is fresh water at all times she will eventually pass...Lol

When my panther got a burn on her spine- it looked just like that. The vet prescribed Silver Sulfadiazine - it is an ointment I rubbed on often. The burn healed- but left a scar.
I hope that helps.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom