Cup Feeding

xephyr17

I'm going to do cup feeding for Ender and Peter to make sure they're getting enough food for a while. I keep giving them roaches and it's hard to tell if the roaches are hiding or if they're getting them.

Would you guys mind posting some pics of how you have your cups mounted to your enclosures? I want to get some ideas on how to angle them, how deep the cup should be, etc. I've never done cup feeding before, just a little hand feeding and otherwise just free range.

Thanks,
Dillon

Here is how I made mine, but mine has a larger front on it

The larger crickets tend to get out and climb the walls of the cage so Merlin chases them down

For the most part 80% of my feeders stay in the cup and merlin has access to all angles

Hope this helps!

Here is how I made mine, but mine has a larger front on it

The larger crickets tend to get out and climb the walls of the cage so Merlin chases them down

For the most part 80% of my feeders stay in the cup and merlin has access to all angles

Hope this helps!

Couldn't tell if you posted a picture on there--I don't see it :rolleyes: If you could repost that'd be awesome :D

Anyone else have some pics they could post to help me out? :)

I use a small cup that I twisted one of those bendable branches around. I can pop it in and out for feeding.

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 191
I use a very basic feeder cup. Mine is a 10oz cup but as the feeders get bigger so does the cup. Clear but not see thru so he can see them in there (he gets stuff off the bottom all the time) and a twist tie from bread stripped so it can go right thru the screen.

You can attach your cup with florists' wire, it is very small, so you can fit it through the mesh of the screen. Michaels sells it.:D

Nick

I really like that idea. I've got kind of a "just for now" set up with these little tupperware bowls and they haven't really caught on yet... Maybe it'd be easier with that.

I use a very basic feeder cup. Mine is a 10oz cup but as the feeders get bigger so does the cup. Clear but not see thru so he can see them in there (he gets stuff off the bottom all the time) and a twist tie from bread stripped so it can go right thru the screen.

Okay, now THIS, I can afford! :D I'm heading into town today to get some stuff for breeding silkies and hornworms so I'll probably pick up some stuff like that, too.

Back
Top Bottom