Crickets on top of cage

Could i put my cricket container on top of my cage so the lights keep it warm? it is clear so idk if the crickets running around would stress him out..
Thank you

why do you want to keep it warm in the first place? NTM, if you put the cricket keeper on top, then it may block the light going to your cham.

why do you want to keep it warm in the first place? NTM, if you put the cricket keeper on top, then it may block the light going to your cham.

i want to keep it warm so they mate and lay. and it wouldnt be in his basking spot or blocking the uvb. but i can just buy a heat pad.. i was just wondering if they can see the crickets they will want them and cant get them so it would stress them out..?

i want to keep it warm so they mate and lay. and it wouldnt be in his basking spot or blocking the uvb. but i can just buy a heat pad.. i was just wondering if they can see the crickets they will want them and cant get them so it would stress them out..?

Ah ha. youre breeding, doy. lol.
Yes, if the crickets can be seen by your cham, it could cause him to try to eat them, and when he cant, and hits the cage with his tongue, it could potentially cause an injury.
Id say just get a heating pad. Safest bet. Unless you put duct tape or something on the bottom to block chams line of sight.

Ah ha. youre breeding, doy. lol.
Yes, if the crickets can be seen by your cham, it could cause him to try to eat them, and when he cant, and hits the cage with his tongue, it could potentially cause an injury.
Id say just get a heating pad. Safest bet. Unless you put duct tape or something on the bottom to block chams line of sight.

I will just get a pad :D thank you!

Short answer: yes it would. How would you like it if there was a nice cheeseburger, or a huge sundae just out of your reach. Safer to just get a heating pad and keep them out of your chams view :)

Back
Top Bottom