CRICKET EGG BIN MEDIUM PROBLEMS

niels99

Hi guys. Ive been breeding crickets for over 4 months and in still figuring out how to make te breeding process more efficient. I know let them lay eggs in in garden soil from a nearby shop. I have high hatching rates but when everything hatches i just put them with the ground in a bigger container. I dont like this method and i was thinking of a way to seperate the babies fron te soil. I was thinking using sand as a medium would make seperating easier bjt still??? How do i get those tiny beasts from the sand?

Any suggestions?

Try running your sand through a piece of window screen ! You'll have to make it big enough to form a bag and screen it into a 5 gallon pail!

Take toilet paper tubes and cut in half. lay them down to create a cave, wait and then tap them off into the new container. Takes awhile to get them all, but no soil problems. It works great and is the method i use. screening could kill the babies

I keep the tupperware dirt container for the eggs in a medium sterilite tote. Then as they hatch I just lay egg crates in there and every few minutes I tap them off into the bigger grow-out bin.

Back
Top Bottom