Craigslist Cham

Sent him an email asking about his temperament, previous health, price, and anything else he would disclose, might drive to go see him later. :)

My first impression is that he looks well taken care of. He looks to be well fed and supplemented. :) and hes got good colors on him. :) If the owner emails me back and his health record checks out then I may go for it. :) and if he's not a total meanie. Last thing I need is another cham to boss me around and keep me in my place. :rolleyes:

I'm not afraid of that, I already have one that regardless of if she's pissed or not she would like a part of my hand in her mouth for safe measure. But other than that she's super sweet.

Yea it's not the biting. I can't deal with one of those chams that hisses at you and lunges if you even walk by, the super territorial extra mean ones. the cham attitude is expected.

Got a reply from the seller, she wants 100 for the setup. She says he's a typical cham that isnt mean but tolerates us. she wont let me come see him unless I'm buying. That bothers me.

Got a reply from the seller, she wants 100 for the setup. She says he's a typical cham that isnt mean but tolerates us. she wont let me come see him unless I'm buying. That bothers me.

If thats the case tell her you want to see pictures of both sides and a head shot.

You wouldn't buy a car without a test drive would you? Tell her you're buying then if he looks terrible back out simple as that

Well, remember that people on CL can be sketchy. You never do business out of your own home unless you want someone to rob you blind a week later while you're out at dinner. It happens aaaall the time. So if the owner is a she, I don't blame her for not wanting strangers to come over to either waste her time or stake out her place. And it's a chameleon, so stressing him is a consideration. But see if she won't agree to meet somewhere public with him, like at the local Petsmart or somewhere and see him then. Go with the intention to buy, and if you look him over and he doesn't look good then cancel the sale.

She didn't tell me about his health or what comes with the setup so I asked her again. When I get my reply I'll ask for more pics. I can't afford a needy cham.

I agree, go check it out with intent to buy, if its not in good health, honestly there is nothing legally binding about the situation that would require you to hand over money. If they try to make you pay first its obviously a scam.

Bring someone with you if you go just to be safe lol.

Sometimes people don't want to play games and that helps to root out the flakes.

I definitely don't get the feeling that she is scamming, I just get the impression that she wants to get rid of her cham but she doesn't want to take the time to do it.

She didn't tell me about his health or what comes with the setup so I asked her again. When I get my reply I'll ask for more pics. I can't afford a needy cham.

That chameleon looks healthy. I have sold bearded dragons on craigslist before and people are scary lol. I had two sketchy looking guys want to come by at 1am to buy 2 bearded dragons, and I really needed the money and I had my friend with me so I figured we should be okay.

I have also had people flake on me what seems like 100's of times on craigslist, and people that are just lookyloos so i don't blame her.

The chameleon looks totally healthy, so I would say buy him or don't bother the person. You can tell what he looks like in the pictures I doubt they are trying to jip you... Just my view from a seller perspective on craigslist.

Back
Top Bottom