could someone tell me what my chams color skin mean?

Yellowant

40AF0753-E92A-4E97-82E9-BA2ED33EA582.jpeg i have put male and female together just for little bit for mating purposes,
what does this color skin mean?
does she hate that male now or?
thanks

How long have they been together? Are you able to get a better photo of her? The lighting is washing out her colors. At first glance those colors look like she is gravid or not receptive. Id separate them and get her a laying bin.

How long have they been together? Are you able to get a better photo of her? The lighting is washing out her colors. At first glance those colors look like she is gravid or not receptive. Id separate them and get her a laying bin.
she laid eggs 13days ago
and i have seperated them till today
for breeding purposes,
should i seperate them longer?

she has been well fed since laying eggs so i hought itll be alright after 13days

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 106
Shes most likely not receptive... She isnt showing any signs of being ready to mate at the moment. Gotta watch her colors to tell when shes ready. 13 days after laying a clutch seems way too soon in my opinion.

@jannb Any advice? Im not too familiar with breeding lol

Buddy, as others have mentioned before, you need to do your research. If you did you'd know your female won't ready for mating again for a good few months. Some of my females won't mate until the next season.

I hope you're ready to adequately care for the large amount of babies you will have in a few months. I wouldn't rush and try double the amount with such little experience. Also, if you continue to mate the female every time she goes back into receptivity her general health will drastically decline. I've never pushed a female to lay more than 1 clutch a year. Also you may want to research about adjusting feeding and temperatures to decrease the number of eggs per clutch. Also generally when doing so, lesser eggs means the eggs will be stronger which will hatch into stronger babies. You'd rather want 30 to 40 strong babies instead of 80 weaklings.

Why arw you trying to breed again, so soon? You will NOT be making any profit when you breed Veileds, anyway. Don't be in such a hurry to breed them. All you are going to do is stress them both out to the point of death. I'm not being mean. Just blunt. You meednee listen to the group, and do your research.

There are hundreds of posts on breeding...read them. If your veiled layed eggs 13 days ago it could be up to 3 months before she is receptive again. Get them separated them...you are stressing them out...especially her big time. If you want chams at least do your own research before asking for help after the fact. They are very sensitive and if you don't want to take the time to do your research and treat them as a member of your family find something stronger to breed and give your chams agood home.

Back
Top Bottom