CliMist Assembly?

Hey so I got my CliMist cyclone in the mail and the instructions manual doesn't help and the Internet hasn't so far either. Anyone know how these blasted things work?

http://www.climist.com/mistsetup
Have your Dad or Mom help you. You will need to drill a hole in the bucket for the bulkhead piece, and if there are any ragged pieces of plastic in the hole it can leak, if you drill your hole on the side of the bucket, like the instructions say. I think it's better to have the bulkhead hole in the top of the lid so that you don't have to worry about leaks, I have 2 of my pumps set up that way. You drill the hole for the bulkhead in the lid, put a section of tubing from the bulkhead to the water, then another section of tubing from top of bulkhead to intake side of pump, the other side of pump gets the tubing to the mist head.
I don't know if your pump came with hardware to hold the pump in place. Some do, some don't. If they came with, you drill small holes in the lid to push them through where the holes in the "feet" of the pump are and attach the hardware.

Things to pay attention to:
Removing tubing from the connector pieces: You have to push down on the collet to unlock it while pulling/rocking the tubing loose. If you fail to push down while removing the tubing you will break the connector

Make sure when you cut the tubing you get a nice even cut, a cut on an angle can leak or come loose Also try not to flatten the tubing when you cut it

Make sure the tubing is seated into the connector or it will leak . Sometimes the tube will feel like it's seated when it's not. Make sure to press firmly until it's all the way in.

One side of the pump will be intake that brings water from your bucket the other side takes it to the misthead. Be sure you know which side is which

Pay attention to your timer settings. You have to have an "on" time and an "off" time or your pump will turn on and stay on

The mistking pump and aquazamp pump I have, had to be primed. The pump you have says it's self priming. To prime my pumps I just disconnected the tubing from the mistheads, held the tubing over a bucket and had someone plug the pump in, until there was a steady stream of water. That gets the air out of the lines. Then you put the tubing back into the mist head.

Here's a youtube video of an Aquazamp set up, very similar set up:

Mistking set up video:

If you do a search on installing a mistking or aquazamp, you'll probably find threads showing how folks set them up. Also, make sure you have a drainage plan in place before, so you don't end up with water and no where to get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom