Clear discharge from nose

I recently switched to a MistKing system (set to run for 1 minute twice a night at 9pm and 1:30am, and then 2 minutes at 6am) after using the water glass method for a while since I had originally tried the subreddit for care information. It’s day 3 of having the system installed in my panther’s enclosure and this morning I noticed he had a clear bubble on his nostril. Could this be discharge or is it always white? I’m worried about a potential respiratory infection. I know adjustments take some time but he definitely doesn’t seem dehydrated. He also seems to be eating but is less aggressive with it. Thanks for any input!

So was this right after the mistking went off and he was wet or was he dry and had a wet bubble coming from his nose?

So was this right after the mistking went off and he was wet or was he dry and had a wet bubble coming from his nose?
It’s been dry in there, I noticed it at 9am and the last time the mist went on was at 6am. There were a few small drops left on his lower plants but he was dry and hanging out in the upper canopy.

It’s been dry in there, I noticed it at 9am and the last time the mist went on was at 6am. There were a few small drops left on his lower plants but he was dry and hanging out in the upper canopy.
So it would be a cause for concern if he is blowing snot bubbles. Your looking at risk of infection and Respiratory infection.

Has he been pointing his nose up or gaping?

So it would be a cause for concern if he is blowing snot bubbles. Your looking at risk of infection and Respiratory infection.

Has he been pointing his nose up or gaping?
Not really, sometimes when he eats a few bugs he will put his nose up but it seems like he’s just helping everything to settle down into his stomach. Is that normal? It stops a short time after that and he’s been doing it for a while with feedings and seemingly no obvious issues. He hasn’t been raising his head otherwise and no gaping at all.

I’ve been checking on him periodically and he hasn’t had any clear discharge since that one time this morning so I wonder if it was just a water droplet that clung there when I found him. There’s no white or anything and I heard that’s what to look for too. Sorry if I’m a helicopter parent over here lol

sometimes when he eats a few bugs he will put his nose up but it seems like he’s just helping everything to settle down into his stomach. Is that normal?
Yes, it is normal.
There’s no white or anything and I heard that’s what to look for too. Sorry if I’m a helicopter parent over here
Signs of respiratory infection are holding the head up/stargazing, thick ropy saliva, saliva bubbles, noises when breathing. Never be sorry for keeping a close eye on your scaly baby. :)

Yes, it is normal.

Signs of respiratory infection are holding the head up/stargazing, thick ropy saliva, saliva bubbles, noises when breathing. Never be sorry for keeping a close eye on your scaly baby. :)
Awesome, thanks everyone for the advice! So far it looks like it isn’t a thing but I’ll keep an eye on him!

Back
Top Bottom