Chiche won't eat?

She was fine 2 weeks ago but then the gradual decline started. About a week and a half ago she refused to eat from my hand (never had this problem in the four months) and won't eat when I place them on the screen or on the branches. She also has these cool golden bronze patches, idk if that relates but plz help. Could she be ready to lay? She is now at a minimum of 5 and a half months if not 7-8 months. Will keep you posted.

She was fine 2 weeks ago but then the gradual decline started. About a week and a half ago she refused to eat from my hand (never had this problem in the four months) and won't eat when I place them on the screen or on the branches. She also has these cool golden bronze patches, idk if that relates but plz help. Could she be ready to lay? She is now at a minimum of 5 and a half months if not 7-8 months. Will keep you posted.
PS I am currently trying to find a more adequate laying bin as mine is 7.5" tall and not 12-16". Of course I had to pick the only cold day in Texas.

PS I am currently trying to find a more adequate laying bin as mine is 7.5" tall and not 12-16". Of course I had to pick the only cold day in Texas.
I found the container. Not sure exactly how tall/ wide, but probably 15 inches tall and a funnel width of widest 24 inches and smallest 16 inches.

How bout some pics so we can help you better, also I know your worried but you need to be a little more patient your on a forum waiting an hour or more is normal for a reply give time your on Chameleon Forums the help you need is here do a search and wait patiently for replies to your questions

Alright. I have to let the dogs out real quick
image.jpg

Your pic is a little fuzzy, she looks like she has the bright turquoise they get when they are receptive (ready to mate) but her yellows are not bright unless that is just her colors. Has she been restless latey running up and down the cage trying to get out?

If she is just starting to be receptive you may have a long wait for her to actually use that bin. Then you'll be posting questions like "Why won't she use her laying bin?"

So you did have a laying bin IN her cage even though it was too small?
Why aren't you using washed play sand for the laying bin?

So you did have a laying bin IN her cage even though it was too small?
Why aren't you using washed play sand for the laying bin?
I looked up laying bin on this website and followed chamalot chameleons tutorial. It said to get topsoil and moisten it, but as it rained recently there was no need to. I dug a test hole with a spoon.

Your pic is a little fuzzy, she looks like she has the bright turquoise they get when they are receptive (ready to mate) but her yellows are not bright unless that is just her colors. Has she been restless latey running up and down the cage trying to get out?
Sometimes. She's just going randomly around the cage and she just reached a dead end. I'll try to get a better picture, but this camera isn't very good.

I love pizza! But if I only had pizza to eat every day, I would not be jumping out of my chair when someone offered me pizza. You should have a variety of feeders on hand. Crickets, Superworm, Cockroach, Locust are a few I have at the moment, with many more just a "click" away. Fruits and vegetables are also something that can be offered to veiled's.

The how-to-ask-for-help link I posted should be filled out, by you. Just copy/paste and fill out everything you can. The more information you supply the more someone can help you.

How do you feed fruits and vegetables? The only greens I can get my chameleon to eat are dandelion greens if I hold them in front of her and wave them around, carrots and apples she just looks at me like I'm nuts then they go in the feeder cup and just sit there and some feeders nibble on them for their last meal.

How do you feed fruits and vegetables? The only greens I can get my chameleon to eat are dandelion greens if I hold them in front of her and wave them around, carrots and apples she just looks at me like I'm nuts then they go in the feeder cup and just sit there and some feeders nibble on them for their last meal.

I'm not saying all veiled's will eat fruit and vegetables, but they can be offered. I think carrots would be too hard to chew. strawberry, banana, lettuce, collard greens are more of what I had in mind. Many videos of this on youtube.

I'm not saying all veiled's will eat fruit and vegetables, but they can be offered. I think carrots would be too hard to chew. strawberry, banana, lettuce, collard greens are more of what I had in mind. Many videos of this on youtube.
I'll try looking them up thank you.

Back
Top Bottom