chewing on stuff?

Goatsniper

I just went to give my little Jackson's his evenening water and offer him a roach, and the goof ball was gnawing on the thick branch of the ficus!!! Wtf?!?! He left teeth marks. I sprayed him with a blast of fog and he stopped. Now he's staring at me like I'm evil. Anyone ever seen a chameleon chewing on a branch? He cant be hungry. He piggedout today and he drank 3 times from the tube.

I just went to give my little Jackson's his evenening water and offer him a roach, and the goof ball was gnawing on the thick branch of the ficus!!! Wtf?!?! He left teeth marks. I sprayed him with a blast of fog and he stopped. Now he's staring at me like I'm evil. Anyone ever seen a chameleon chewing on a branch? He cant be hungry. He piggedout today and he drank 3 times from the tube.
hahha i have no idea maybe hes teething xD sounds cute though

Rocks!!?? :eek::confused:

Yeah the big ones i have at the bottom of my plant pot he sort of itches his mouth on the corner of them, trying to get bits of feeders out his teeth and stuff, but the weird thing is he never ever touches the big rocks i have in his cage only the ones on his free range! But I've covered them with towels! So he doesn't get to them no more, i read something about different rocks and different coloured rocks can attract chams, coz asoon as he see's them as in i take the towel off he darts down to them to have a chew! Lol

again as with why they eat their shed, I am not sure anyone knows for sure. It is thought when they chew on things or eat dirt that they are lacking nutrients in their diet but I am not sure anyone has ever proved this theory.

We have a Large ficus Bonsai my guy climbs on and he finds the nubs where there used to be branches and gnawls like crazy! I get the eye like... please don't make me stop if I look at him while he is doing it LOL, he seems to love it... so it's hard to stop him!

My 3 month panther does the same with his umbrella tree. I asked the seller I got him from why he was doing this and she replied with
"Its ok. He is exploring his new environment. When a Cham is in a new cage he will check it out by licking the branches and even biting on them. He should do this less and less as he becomes familiar in his cage."
So I think he should be fine long as your tree/plant isn't toxic. Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom