Charlie dying??

I think asking if you should take him to a vet is a personal question that know one can answer but you. I love my chameleon and I would take him to a vet no matter what even if he was dying and no vet could save him I would still do everything I could to help him out. If nothing else if he is dying why let him die slow I would rather let the vet put him down and out of his missory. I'm sorry for your sick little guy its not easy lossing any pet. I would definetly take him to the vet but thats your call.

I would also go to the vets. I took my Tommy on Monday as he wasn't using his foot so well. The vet didn't do anything or prescribe anything, but I got reassurance that my l'il man is likely to regain use of his foot. Well worth every penny imo. My chams are at the vets as soon as I can get them booked in at the first signs of any problems, as I know from experience that by the time they show symptoms a lot of the time they are beyond help.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled, male, and 8-9months. 6-7months in care
Handling - Rarely
Feeding - Crickets, about 10 large a day.. crickets gutloaded with fruits/veggies store bought dry food.
Supplements - repcal with d3 without and vitamins. Try to everyday.
Watering - I use a dripper. Mist atleast once a day, yes I see him drink
Fecal Description - Never tested and normal looking. Mostly white
History - Nothing but he is real pissy.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - All mesh/screen and its 100 gallon size..4 foot tall or 5.
Lighting - Uv tube light and normal house bulb. When I get up they get turned on and off at night
Temperature - Use temp reader of both humidity and temp. around 80s at top..75 mid
Humidity - Normally over 50. misting and plastic
Plants - A schrefella umbrella (spelled wrong)
Placement - My room. no vents or anything.
Location - U.S. Indiana

Current Problem - He seems just alittle weaker since I misted him outside with the hose for 5mins. I think handling during that time stressed him. He kinda opens his mouth when I look at him and its lil dark inside. Right now he is hanging from his tail doing nothing really.

I doubt the hose misting was the problem. What type of UV light are you using and how old is the bulb? The incorrect bulb will cause metabolic problems. Were you dusting with a vitamin every day? That would be a major overdose.

Is it possible he caught a free flying insect while outdoors? It could be pesticide poisoning that shows as neurological problems, possibly a wasp or bee sting after swallowing?

Just trying to give you ideas. He looks to be in serious trouble.

Go to the vet who sees chameleons today. Now. Also, try to get his hind foot to let go of his front leg.

I have tried but he only makes effort to move to try to snap at me and tightens it's.

Mom is calling now to see what they can do before I decide to take him in.

Well...the exotic vet isn't in today... and it costs $48 to see him. My mom doesn't have that now.

I am going camping starting tomorrow at 2pm and won't be back til Sunday. So I don't know what to do...No vet is in around us and we don't have money...:(

Then take him to someone who keeps chameleons and give them the chameleon. Do you have someone locally who can take him?

I know you're just a kid but you need to understand that when you have a sick animal, you don't just leave it to suffer while you go away for the weekend. Ship him to me. I will give you my FedEx account number but you need to ship him today.

I have no clue how to ship and wouldn't that really stress him more than he is?? No one around me that I know has chameleons.

It sounds like you only have 2 options here.

1. Leave the animal to die because you can not afford a vet.

2. Take a risk and ship it to someone who with take it to a vet and try to save it for you.

If you care about your pet then you will do the right thing...

I'm willing to ship him to atleast know he has some chance.

Cham lets figure this out before the post office closes.

Are you sure there's no other vet around there that will see a chameleon? if some of us here pay? That would be be better than paying for shipping.
Exactly where do you live? I know someone with chams in Michigan City, IN are you close to there?

Are you sure there's no other vet around there that will see a chameleon? if some of us here pay? That would be be better than paying for shipping.
Exactly where do you live? I know someone with chams in Michigan City, IN are you close to there?

There are vets but they aren't open or the vet person isn't in. If you guys found a way to give me like $50 he could possibly be taken in tomorrow if he is alive. I really rather not ship him the way he is...

I live in Indiana more near Goshen.....Cromwell, 46732.

Here is what I figure. If you can't afford the vet visit/there isn't anyone who will do an emergency visit, then take him in to be put down. Any vet can put him down and it's usually not very expensive.

You have my number and if you truly want my help, call me. I'm going to pick up a chameleon in a few minutes but I'll have my phone with me.

Alternatively, if you have someone near you who can take the chameleon in, then give it to them. Don't leave it to suffer while you go away for five days.

Thank you.

Is this vet close to you?
Noah's Landing Pet Care Clinic
3929 E. Jackson Blvd.
Elkhart, IN 46516
(574) 889-0979

Back
Top Bottom