Chameleons deserve cages imitating their natural biotopes

PetNcs

Chameleon Enthusiast
Quite often, we see creations of cages which have nothing to do with the biotopes, chameleons inhabit in the wild.
It is IMHO and in my decades of practice the best idea to imitate the natural biotope as close as possible and meaningful...
1 and 2 F pardalis NW Madagascar
3 and 4 C arabicus Oman

attached some biotopes
1673821559170.jpeg
1673821723040.png
1673821583410.jpeg
1673821674659.png

Keeping live plants is so rewarding and ones that provide a living ecosystem for a living creature is even more rewarding. Every new leaf and possibly bloom is a milestone.

I told my room mates in 2019 when I got into the hobbie If im going to Jack up our electric bill to run lights we may as well grow some plants under them (San Diego has the highest utilities cost in the nation thankfully plants like led and they don't add that much to the bill)

I can count on one finger the number of times that I advised to use fake plants, and that was only for temporary use while the chameleon is being treated for coccidia. I’ve only been in the hobby for a few years, but I have noticed that (not just for chameleons) the reptile community is advocating more for naturalistic environments and bioactive set ups. I also see positive changes in providing enclosures larger than the minimum recommended.

Back
Top Bottom