Chameleon with the most dramatic change in color

Szanleu

Hello Chameleon family!

In your opinion, which chameleon has the most dramatic change in color when fired up (not taking into account gravid females). The panther ambilobe YBBB is a though contestant, but I would like to hear everyone opinion. Have an amazing day everyone!

Panther chameleons seem to have the most drastic resting to fired up color changes... Although an angry fired up veiled can be quite astonishing. Three different males fully fired up....

View media item 53961

Yes, I adored him... His name is Bentley. I had to rehome him when my landlord in Cali sold our rental without any notice. Could not move him back to AZ with me. Only Beman.
Oh no! I’m very sorry to hear that. Do you only have male veiled chameleons? At one point I considered only having female veiled chameleons because I love Emmy so much but then I went with a mixed bag.

Panther chameleons seem to have the most drastic resting to fired up color changes... Although an angry fired up veiled can be quite astonishing. Three different males fully fired up....

View media item 53961

Man all three are so beautiful!!

View media item 53961

I want a veiled more and more. Those patterns are insane

I want a veiled more and more. Those patterns are insane
Yeah but IME they are all very different in how they respond. In Beman's 5 years with me that was the only real time he fired up. He was so angry that I had him in a box that morning while I reworked his cage. That was him right when I had put him in the cage. He did not even fire up like this when he saw the other two boys I had. Now my Translucent Bentley only fired up when he saw the other boys. Otherwise colors were pretty normal resting. Bentley however had the best resting colors just because he was so different. Bane would fire up regardless if it was another cham or me he saw. lol He just did not want anything to do with me or anything else. :hilarious:

Oh no! I’m very sorry to hear that. Do you only have male veiled chameleons? At one point I considered only having female veiled chameleons because I love Emmy so much but then I went with a mixed bag.
Yeah I had to rehome both Bentley and Beman. We only had 30 days to move. Could not find anything local in cali where we were so we came back to AZ. I could only get my landlord to agree to one chameleon. She had never rented to anyone with reptiles but we had excellent references so she made the exception for 1. And everything else we found to rent literally would not budge on reptiles at all. So I kept Beman which was my first baby and a friend of mine took Bentley and his entire set up. Then I sold my large atrium for Bane and his breeder let me ship him back to her.

But I had the three boys. Beman and Bentley were both from Petco and Bane was from a member here that breeds. Before my two additional veileds I had a gorgeous Nosy Be Panther named Bahari. He came to me with some health issues and did not make it through treatment. And yes I have a thing for B names for chams :hilarious:

Yeah but IME they are all very different in how they respond. In Beman's 5 years with me that was the only real time he fired up. He was so angry that I had him in a box that morning while I reworked his cage. That was him right when I had put him in the cage. He did not even fire up like this when he saw the other two boys I had. Now my Translucent Bentley only fired up when he saw the other boys. Otherwise colors were pretty normal resting. Bentley however had the best resting colors just because he was so different. Bane would fire up regardless if it was another cham or me he saw. lol He just did not want anything to do with me or anything else. :hilarious:
So funny to hear about all their personalities. Chameleons are the best :)
Yeah I had to rehome both Bentley and Beman. We only had 30 days to move. Could not find anything local in cali where we were so we came back to AZ. I could only get my landlord to agree to one chameleon. She had never rented to anyone with reptiles but we had excellent references so she made the exception for 1. And everything else we found to rent literally would not budge on reptiles at all. So I kept Beman which was my first baby and a friend of mine took Bentley and his entire set up. Then I sold my large atrium for Bane and his breeder let me ship him back to her.

But I had the three boys. Beman and Bentley were both from Petco and Bane was from a member here that breeds. Before my two additional veileds I had a gorgeous Nosy Be Panther named Bahari. He came to me with some health issues and did not make it through treatment. And yes I have a thing for B names for chams :hilarious:
That was going to be my next question. All my animals are named after nerdy movies my family loves...We all gotta have a theme.

I think a lot of people see these fired up photos and think that’s what other people’s chameleons look like regularly, not realizing that pic may have been snapped in a short-lived and unusual period of high emotion. But on the daily, they’re just a regular colored calm and drab wonderful reptile. Even Neptune the chameleon isn’t always gloriously fired up. In some videos he’s totally cool and greenish. And Gingera said for a month or two before a shed he’s downright ashy.

I just like the spicy attitudes they are known to have 🤣 I didn’t know you had 3! How cool ☺️

Back
Top Bottom