Chameleon with a personality

mpbm31

I know that people say chameleons are not to be held and messed with a lot but if I don't pay my chameleon attention he will get upset. I have 3 chams but my main panther cham named Ozzy has a wonderful inquisitive personality. He jumps up on my arm as soon as I open his cage and will hang out with me while I care for the other chams. I've had him since he was 2 months old and I've gotten him into a routine when it comes to food. He will drink from a dripper when I hold it out for him and eat superworms from my hand. He also will nibble on the bark on the bayleaf tree and change colors. He is a true blessing to have as a pet! My other chams are typical and don't want to be bothered so I only move their cages outside for sun. My cham will even snort like a dog when he disagrees with whats going on or wants something. Does anybody else have a chameleon with a personality? I postes a few pics but the 1st is a rainy day and he sat up on my leg staring outside wishing he could go play! He loves the sunshine!!!

my panthers exactly the same soon as open his cage he's straight up my arm and onto my shoulder. if i keep him out for a while he'l get adventurous and start having a wonder around my room up the curtains and every thing

Wow that is awesome. He sounds like one unique chameleon. I hope that when I finally get my chameleon he acts like your Ozzy.

My nosy faly sherlock will come to me every misting session and try to come out and climb on me. Im not sure if its because he likes me or he thinks Im going to take him outside for some sun. My crew has been grumpy this week though because its been too cold and wet for any outside time. (I hate winter):(

Harold my vieled likes to go on trips. He likes to sit on my shoulder and enjoys the view, but with that said he definately doesnt like to be manipulated like a cat or guinea pig or somthing like that, but car rides on the passenger side head rest to go get food and sun he enjoys. He also looks forward to his baths, I think because I have a misting shower head so there is no bead of water blastin him, and once he is ready to go I let him hang out on the towel rack till Im done. He definately reconizes me as his owner/caretaker as he is not comfotable or outgoing with strangers. Harold is more personable than many people give chameleons credit for.

Ozzy looks awesome and it's really cool that he trusts you the way he does and doesn't mind "hanging out" with you!

I imagine they all have their own personalities and some are likely to be more outgoing than others when it comes to interaction with humans.

Awww, he's great! Friendy chams are the best! Both my Veileds are the same! I love the little 'Pfft'! noise that they make when they are not too happy with something, lol! They are truly wonderful pets - I couldn't be without either of mine!:D

Just out of curiosity, for those of you that have posted comments stating your chameleons seem to be more friendly/easier to handle, did you find this is something they developed as they grew older and matured - as if they became more comfortable with you with time - or did you find they were always like that since they were younger?

Rico has never been skittish or afraid of me or other family members but he's not shown any interest in climbing out of the comfort of his cage into our hands or arms. He just tolerates us and graces us with his presence in exchange for food! :p :p :p :p :p

Ozzy loves his cage but as he got older he wants to go outside and climb around. I think he thinks every time I open the door he's going outside. It's almost like keeping a dog pinned up and letting him out to play and interact, then locking him back up.

Id have to say its a combination of individual personality, trained behavior, and the animals ability to sense genuine compasion from its owner. Just like dogs they can sense when somone isnt worthy, in my opinion.

My female veiled is like that, full of personality. She's a real character! :D She really watches you do things or eat and is genuinely trying to figure out how she can get in on the action, and she just walks around like the owns the house! She's too funny.

My alpha male jacksons is like that. He is real sweet, likes to hang out and comes to me when i offer him my hand. He also learned how to drink out of a water bottle (regular disposable bottle w/pop top) so when we decide to take him on outdoor adventures with us he gets his own bottle of arrowhead. Its really cute. My other 4 chams aren't as social, but only one of our chams doesn't like to be held as of recently, she is preggo and getting huge and anti-social. cant blame her for that though. Chameleons are amazing!!!!!

My cham is a bit of a spoilt brat, she ALWAYS gets her way, from the day i got her she's loved being out. She likes to sit on my shoulder while doing every day tasks like cleaning up. She is a total sweetheart. :D:D

I'm so JELOUSE! Lol, my little guy HATES me and every time I go in to clean up some water or remove crickets, he goes crazy trying to get away from me. He HATES mistings even thought the water is pretty warm when I do it. :( I have only had him for 2 days, lol! But I REALLY hope he warms up to me as he gets older. For now, i'm glad he's eating for me, healthy, and alert.

Any tricks you guys have used to get them to kind of warm up to you? Treats?:p

Back
Top Bottom