Chameleon egg! Help!

Jeka

I was misting my chameleon when I noticed an egg at the bottom of the terrarium! I don't think it's normal to have their eggs like that. I know she's ready to have her eggs but does that mean she's egg bound? I sent someone to buy sand.

Not necessarily, I would make her a laying bin within the next hour and give her privacy and with any luck she'll lay. Is she in good shape? If she's still acting alert and generally healthy there's a good chance she'll lay them by herself. It'll help her out if you pre-make a tunnel in her bin once you have it set up - she may just take the short-cut and use your tunnel instead of making a new one herself.

Good luck!

home depot, lowes and other hardware stores sell playground sand. it's cheap and works just fine. just make sure you wet it so that it can pack together and won't collapse on her whiles she's trying to dig in it.

Yep, what Cambech said. You can get a $3 bag of washed playsand at any home improvement store and that should be enough to fill a 5 gallon bucket or something similar to make a quick laying bin.

Back
Top Bottom