Chameleon behavior?

Whatcamo

Hey of course a newB question here but I gotta ask to learn right? Anyways I was just curious about my Cham he only really basks first thing in the morning then is pretty active all day roaming around his cage! Does this mean he's just happy and roaming around or uncomfortable and roaming to try and get comfortable?
He's a 8.5-9 month old ambilobe, when he's roaming around he's a neutral green color with a few of his other colors showing not as bright as when he's been disturbed so I don't think he's stressed what do you guys think? Is this normal?

You know the drill: there are no stupid questions!

They're remarkably active animals for critters that freeze up and play statue every time they see us.

Yes, it's normal for him to bask in the morning (he's warming up from the cool night) and then go play Dora The Explorer during the day.

If he tries to escape when you open the enclosure, then you might want to think about ways to make it more cozy for him. Ideally, he should view his cage as his home and be a tad reluctant to leave it.

Nice thanks he loves his cage and his owner my daughter she's the only one he'll promptly eat from hand and just walk out of his cage for or I guess be less hesitant to yesterday she was giving him his crickets and one escaped from her hand and was running up her arm and he chased after it up her arm ate it off her shoulder then just hung out one her shoulder for about 15 min then back down her arm to his cage!

That sounds so great. If you could capture that on video (with editing...because I'm not watching a chameleon sitting on a kid's shoulder for 15 minutes) it would be something I think everyone here would love to see. Actually, I'll go out on what I think is a short limb and say video of your daughter hand feeding her chameleon (escapee or not) would be something people here would love to see.

I'll try to get it next time it happens I'm usually very busy doing a lot of coaching due to her only being 3 but a very smart 3

Back
Top Bottom