Chameleon afraid of me?

My female veiled chameleon who is 4 months old is afraid of me I think… I have talked to some experts and they said i should hand feed her to get her used to me. The problem is when i try she runs away and hides. Any ideas how to help get her to like me?

Other info: Cammy is a 4 month old veiled chameleon. I try to hand feed her every day at noon and 6. I water her cage with a spray and dripper. She eats about 4-12 crickets a day (when I'm not hand feeding). I dust with brand reptivite. And she is usually light green. Thanks!

Of course she is :p you are a giant creature that could very well be a predator. The trick is patience. interact with her indirectly and passively. Before you try hand feeding, try introducing her to your hands through other means. Make sure that the cham sees that your hand delivers the food and makes the association that you are not a predator, but rather a food source, Just be patient, dont rush the animal to interact with you and in due time it will begin to find you more comforting. Of course, some chameleons will never like their owners

Back
Top Bottom