Cham will not eat anything but Crix

gerhartrx

Hello everyone. So I have been trying to provide other sources of food for my veieled (5 months old) and all he will pick from is Crickets. I am feeding daily about 15 crix with the correct supplements. When I try to add reptiworms he snubs his nose at them and the same goes for silkies or superworms.

I am not sure what to do or to do anything to try and get him to eat something else or should I? Do I need to panic if I am supplementing and gutloading the crix correctly?

I think he ate a reptiworm but did not digest it because it came out in his stool. He has no problem digesting crix which tells me that I have the correct lighting and heat.

It takes time for a cham to overcome its suspicion of anything strange. If you put a couple of the "new" feeders mixed in with the crix he may accidentally snag one, eat it, realize it's OK and add it to the mental "good food list", and start accepting it. Most chams are very interested in green feeders. Sprinkle a bit of spirulina on them to change the color.

Good idea. I will try that too. Should I worry much about him right now only eating crix? Will he develope problems if all he eats are crix?

I am curious in case he does not start eating other feeders.

My Cham did start eatin worms till he was about 10 months, would just leave them alone. So maybe wait till he gets a bit older then try again like I did. :D

Back
Top Bottom