Cham issues

kuskye25

hey guys long time no see, my female veiled cham. has been doing fine for about a year and a half ive had it, and shes about 2 years old....

she laid eggs the other day and it took her literally 36 hours to do so in her bucket, she has laid in the bucket many times, ive never seen her in there so long as this last time, now shes in the basking light sleeping for 1 and 1/2 days now after laying eggs, wont eat and eyes usually shut and she acts like she cant open them well, she also doesnt respond to me well at all i touch her normally she would run all she does is color up like shes angry but does nothing and she barely opens her eyes to look at me, im wondering what to do.....

positive answers only, let me know if youve seen this and how bad it is......

im watching her closely for another day then off to the vet if you guys dont have any answers.

Thanks!!!

I am sorry to hear that she is not doing well. She may not have gotten all her eggs out. I would make a vet apt. right away. Again I am sorry that she is not doing well

ok guys i think i figured it out, took cham out of enclosure, its eyes were matted and dried shut with a mucus, she rubbed on me vigirously to get it out of her eyes, i finally got it all out of both eyes and now they are always open, as soon as she saw me she freaked and started hissing and bitting me so i put her back in her cage, she can see now again, i gave her food to and she ate it right up, i knew she was fine she just was blind as a bat.

i am calling the vet in the morning to see if maybe my cham doesnt have to go in now, we will see what they say..... ill post an update tomorrow....

ok guys i think i figured it out, took cham out of enclosure, its eyes were matted and dried shut with a mucus, she rubbed on me vigirously to get it out of her eyes, i finally got it all out of both eyes and now they are always open, as soon as she saw me she freaked and started hissing and bitting me so i put her back in her cage, she can see now again, i gave her food to and she ate it right up, i knew she was fine she just was blind as a bat.

i am calling the vet in the morning to see if maybe my cham doesnt have to go in now, we will see what they say..... ill post an update tomorrow....

I will take credit... it was the crossing of the fingers!!!:p Glad to hear she ate... did she drink at all might wanna get some fluids in her

i sprayed her with hot water and she drank some and i have a dripper in her face going really fast..... shell be fine i think, man im so relieved ive been so worried for a few days......

I'd still take her, her eyes shouldn't be closed over with mucus. Usually a mucus in any animals eye means they are poorly.

I'd still take her, her eyes shouldn't be closed over with mucus. Usually a mucus in any animals eye means they are poorly.

like i said im calling vet and doing whatever they sudjest, as for her eyes she took 36 hours to lay, when they dig eyes are closed, so i think they just mucused over cause it took her so long.....

very strange situation indeed and interesting...

when i handled her she didnt seem to have any eggs, reallly really skinny back there as usual after laying, so im pretty sure she laid them all, as i pulled 32 eggs from the bucket and that is spot on for her normal numbers.... once again im going to do whatever the vet sudjest which im sure theyll want to check her out....

Back
Top Bottom