Cham Enclosure Build from old liquor cabinet

I had a ventilation question.....I was planning on sealing the left side, but I'm not sure about the right side......some/all of it will need to be screened for ventilation. I'm trying to strike a good balance between enough ventilation and not damaging the floor below the right side with the moisture that I assume will escape from that side when misting. The screen I will be using is about like one used for a screen door.......I'm just not sure how much moisture will get out (if any). If the moisture beads up on the screening and just runs down the side interior, no problems......if not, I would need to seal down some and leave 12" or so of screen on the side for a chimney-type effect.

I had a ventilation question.....I was planning on sealing the left side, but I'm not sure about the right side......some/all of it will need to be screened for ventilation. I'm trying to strike a good balance between enough ventilation and not damaging the floor below the right side with the moisture that I assume will escape from that side when misting. The screen I will be using is about like one used for a screen door.......I'm just not sure how much moisture will get out (if any). If the moisture beads up on the screening and just runs down the side interior, no problems......if not, I would need to seal down some and leave 12" or so of screen on the side for a chimney-type effect.
What not leave the bottom 8 inches open with screen then have the top pieces solid. Then you have a hybrid with chimney effect pulling air in from the bottom and out the top.

What not leave the bottom 8 inches open with screen then have the top pieces solid. Then you have a hybrid with chimney effect pulling air in from the bottom and out the top.
Yes, that's what I was trying to ask.....I probably worded it wrong. Leaving 8" on the bottom of the right side and then the entire top open.......you think that will that give me enough ventilation?

Yes, that's what I was trying to ask.....I probably worded it wrong. Leaving 8" on the bottom of the right side and then the entire top open.......you think that will that give me enough ventilation?
Are any of the other sides screen?

No.......the left side is glass and will be painted over.....the front is glass. Top will be screen. Right side to be determined.
Gotcha... Ok then I would leave the entire panel screen then. When you decide placement for your misting heads don't put one right on that right side. Do left side and more middle. You should not get over spray that way.

Made some progress on the project today. I took out the glass sides and replaced with plexiglass. I left 13" at the bottom on both sides and will put screen for a hybrid setup. I taped everything off and then painted the entire interior with waterproof black paint. I also cut screen for the top and waterproofed it as well. Using 1/4" screen. Tomorrow a second coat of paint goes on. I also bought a couple of large manzanita trees for when it's time to decorate. I ordered and received a background from petbackdrops.com and will cover the back and most of the sides towards the end of the project.

IMG_3032.JPG

IMG_3033.JPG

IMG_3036.JPG

IMG_3037.JPG

Will do.....I'm still working on the project, though it's getting close to being done. I will probably spend a week at least on testing temps and humidity levels.
Ok but give it two weeks to gas off without adding plants or branches to the enclosure leaving it empty.

Back
Top Bottom