Cham Cantina setup

CaliberCupcake

I was just at my local pet store and they went on and on about how great the chameleon cantinas are. Does anyone have this and is it really a good idea ?? I have a young veiled that I adopted yesterday. I'm very skeptical about them. What's your experience / thoughts???
Another thing is they said I could use an all in one UBV& heat bulb .... If this is even a good idea, what would be a good one/ wattage to use ?... IF I decide to get one

Last edited:
If you really want the best for the cham. Look at a dragon strand cage
They're a site sponsor on here and have a variety of chameleon cages designed by cham keepers for cham keepers. Easy to use and 100% awesome I stake all my corals on it. ;)

I wouldn't buy that cage, or even use one if it were free. Like the above poster said, they aren't big enough, or have enough airflow. You need something large enough to be able to make a temperature gradient. I would buy a Dragonstand or another brand of screen cage.
As far as the all in one basking and UVB bulb, I prefer to have those two things separate. That way you can raise or lower the wattage or height of the basking bulb to get the temp you need. If it's all in one, the higher you raise it (if you needed to adjust temp) the less UVB your animal would get.

Back
Top Bottom