Ch. africanus finally hatching.

Bradycham

Established Member
Well it seems mine decided to take a bit longer than everyone else's to hatch but none the less they are finally hatching. I am just curious is anyone planning to use the potassium iodide in the drinking water, due to the thyroid issues?

The reason I ask is because of an article I read (Link to article below). What if anything special are you guys doing with your africanus?

Also I would like to trade bloodlines down the road, so anyone who has them, please PM me so I can keep in contact with you.

http://www.chameleonnews.com/05FebGomboc.html

First, congrats on the successful hatching! Mine hatched out about 4 weeks ago, and they are growing fast! be prepared to feed them constantly. I read that article also and I have strong reservations about the underlying science so I'm not going to supplement with anything that could be so potentially toxic. I'm confident that good husbandry and nutrition will be all they need to develop properly. One thing I have noticed so far is that the females' growth seems to far outpace that of the males so it may be a good idea to keep them separated within the first few weeks. They also have trouble accepting water when misted but will eagerly drink from a drip. Best of luck with yours and I am definitely interested in trading bloodlines down the road. Keep in touch.

So I have had 3 hatch out of 48 viable eggs! Quite a few are sweating today. I am finding that they are plant big enough to pretty much for-go the fruit flies and go strait to the pinheads.

First, congrats on the successful hatching! Mine hatched out about 4 weeks ago, and they are growing fast! be prepared to feed them constantly. I read that article also and I have strong reservations about the underlying science so I'm not going to supplement with anything that could be so potentially toxic. I'm confident that good husbandry and nutrition will be all they need to develop properly. One thing I have noticed so far is that the females' growth seems to far outpace that of the males so it may be a good idea to keep them separated within the first few weeks. They also have trouble accepting water when misted but will eagerly drink from a drip. Best of luck with yours and I am definitely interested in trading bloodlines down the road. Keep in touch.

Did yours nap a lot when they were first hatched?

Back
Top Bottom