Cedar tree safe to use?

Jay3479

I just read in a thread that cedar wasn't safe just would like to know if anyone has used or had any problems? I also read that maple has an irritant within the bark so I've been avoiding maple but people here say they have used with no issues? Thanks in advance
Jay

I have always heard that cedar can cause respiratory issues in reptiles. I would imagine that would be exponentially worse in a sensitive species like a chameleon. I also would never use branches that sap heavily...for obvious reasons.

Cool thank you the branch I picked up didn't seem to have any sap but will discard it n find something else no issues with maple though?

Some kinds of maple leaves are slightly toxic to grazing animals but you aren't putting in or feeding leaves. I've never heard a warning about maple branches for parrots that chew. After all, maple syrup comes from sugar maple sap.

Any of the cedars or fir trees leak sap forever. I wouldn't use them.

Cedar is one of the most dangerous woods for reptiles. My exotic vet says cedar can lead to respiratory symptoms or reptiles can develop skin lesions. I would be safe than sorry..:love:

Back
Top Bottom