Cayman Island Herping Photos

Great pictures Caitlin! It gave me a good opportunity to close my eyes and picture being on a tropical island (instead of work). I hope they are able to keep up the good work and continue to bring back the population of blue iguanas, they are incredible :)

Well if you want a tropical fantasy I def recommend this place! There are two preserves that I know of, the one we visited is still captive breeding and returning youngsters every year. Hopefully one day they won't have to tho as the true wild pop continues to grow.

WOW! That is definitely a great thing. Beautiful animals. Looks like you had a great time. Nothing like catching some lizards hanging out in their natural habitat;) Im hoping to at least visit a friend in Honduras this year if not just stay down there:eek: Lots of cool reptiles and amphibians to find there.

I'd love to visit Honduras! It beautiful there and there's plenty of herping to be done.

Dang, those Cyclura are awesome! Thanks for sharing the pics and I sure wouldn't mind seeing more of the scenery, architecture, people, etc.

No problem, my fam thinks my obsession with reptiles is odd so I wanted to share with people who would appreciate these guys. I took a few more pics of birds and some scenery and LOTS of flowers lol but I rarely take pics of people. I can put a few more pics up later on, I just wasn't sure if people would be as interested in non herp pics :)

Beautiful pictures!! The reptiles you saw were amazing! I have never seen a picture of a blue iguana before. They are just gorgeous! I got to go to Grand Cayman when I was 18, but it was on a cruise so I only got to spend 2 or 3 days there, but of all the places I have been, it is my favorite and I want to go back!!

A cruise to GC, Jamaica, and Cozumel last summer is how my husband and I discovered how beautiful the Caymans really are. We had to go back, the cruise was only a tease lol. Go back! You will not regret it! Get out of the more tourist areas and explore :)

Back
Top Bottom