Carpet Chameleon Care

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chameleon Loco, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Chameleon Loco

Chameleon Loco
    Expand Collapse

Since I do not have my Black and White Tegu anymore I have room for a new reptile I have a 16x16x30 screen cage and have looked into getting a carpet chameleon. How is their care compared to a veiled chameleon and is a 16x16x30 cage big enough for an adult carpet chameleo? What other chameleons could fit into a cage that size for life?

2. Michael Ryan

Michael Ryan
    Expand Collapse

Try sending Dooley1 a PM. He is very experienced with carpets and can point you in the right direction. If you do end up getting a carpet I would definitely recommend buying one from him as well.

3. Vegas Chad

Vegas Chad
    Expand Collapse
    Avid Member

16x16x30 is fine for a carpet chameleon, that is what we keep all of our breeders in. They are also on the same temp and misting schedule as our veileds. Some people do things a little different but it works for us. Kevin is THE carpet man, he has lots and lots of very nice carpet chameleons.

4. lori73

lori73
    Expand Collapse

carpet chameleon

im new on here im geting a carpet chameleon my first one what do i need to know like when i get her and put her in her new cage. what do i feed her for my frist time.and is there any thing els i need to do thank you.:confused:

5. carol5208

carol5208
    Expand Collapse
    Chameleon Enthusiast

make sure you have all your supplies and feeders BEFORE you get your chameleon. There is a member on here Dooley 1, who is the King of the Carpets! You can click on his user name and private message him. I am sure he would be willing to help you with any question you may have.