can i use this fixture?

tv321406

ok so im getting my setup together for my first chameleon (woohoo!). i found this old blacklight and fixture laying around my house. can i use it to put a reptisun 5.0 bulb in? the bulb is about 17 1/4" from end to end (not incl the prongs) and 15 watt. im guessing its a standard '18" bulb'. let me know what you think thanks!
https://www.chameleonforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5997&stc=1&d=1221493496

Attachments

• DSCF1442.jpg
    DSCF1442.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 148
if you really want to be sure, get the part# of the ballast/transformer in that fixture and look it up online to see if it's compatible with an "f15-t8" bulb (I suspect its fine)

f15-t8 = 15watt bulb that is 1 inch in diameter (18" reptisun falls in that catagory)

it'll work as long as you can find a reptisun w/ the same bulb length and same t size. i bought an under-cabinet light fixture and put my own uv light in it.

Just remember to make sure it does not have a plastic cover over the lamp. If it does, do no use it when you install the UVB lamp. UVB can not pass through the plastic and will then be worthless to your cham.

Check out the UV Guide website. for lots of info on UV lighting for reptiles.

Back
Top Bottom