can chameleons swim?

i saw a video of a chameleon swimming, it was in the wild and i was wondering if you can teach them to swim?

I saw a video of a wild Chameleon swimming as well.

I wouldn't take the chance with my Chameleon to teach him to swim even though he probably could.

To me it only takes one wrong dunk to aspirate and die. Not worth it.

i saw a video of a chameleon swimming, it was in the wild and i was wondering if you can teach them to swim?

Why would you need to teach them to swim? I'm not sure you could "teach" one to anyway. A cham that falls into water in the wild is going to be desperately trying to get to land. As you saw, they can sort of wriggle their way but it isn't going to be enjoyable and I'd also think they couldn't go very far before the chill of the water lowers their body temp too far. They are not built for swimming so why make one do it?

I seen my veiled fall in a lil pond ,actually more like a puddle when he fell off his perch and as I can c it was in him to swim ,he swam like if he had swam before ,maybe it was only him I don't know. Now I cant say all chams swim and I would never put one in the water to c if he can swim but looking back at that time it happened I remember saying to myself these guys have it in their nature to be able to swim for survival.

swim

I guess they probably can. My parson soaks in the pond. He climbs down where the log branch is submerged and soaks half of his body. I saw him drink also. Is that rare?

Back
Top Bottom