Can anyone give me a website where I buy a 29x29x60 cage?

gingie

I can't seem to find any good site where I can buy that size of cage. I found a nice 24x24x48 on LLLReptile but after doing more research it looks like everyone recommend bigger size. What I'm going to be getting is a slABaby Veiled Male. If you have a site that you get all your supply from that you get great deals on I would love that too! DO NOT get me wrong I'm not trying to cut corners I know he is going to be expensive. But no reason not to save a few bucks if there is a better deal somewhere! Since this will be my first Cham I'm also so looking for any good tips or things I should know. Ive done a TON of research but always looking to know more about these guys and be a better Cham parent to my future Cham! Thanks for all your help to come I HOPE!
Thanks Michelle:D

If it is a baby, you will need to start smaller. It will be difficult for the baby to get to a good basking position in such a large enclosure. A lot of people I know start the babies in tanks since it is easier to heat and keep the fruit flies in.

Anyone with better advise, please correct me.

No, most people suggest those size (24x24x48) cages for a veiled. For a baby you are going to want something even smaller.

You should be fine with a 2'x2'x4' for an adult veiled as most people recommend this for an adult. That's a pretty large cage actually...

a 2'x2'x4' case is sufficient but instead of buying a smaller enclosure to start with I would suggest just screening part of the large enclosure off as it is much cheaper to buy some screen then a small enclosure.

I agree with Mike, get the 24x24x48 from LLL, it will be perfect for him as an adult, and dived it will work well for a baby. Just monitor the eating, drinking & pooping of the baby.

If you do decide you want a smaller cage to start with. You can use a large plastic tub. I cut holesin two sides and the top and screen those so feeders wont escape and you get better airflow. Then just put your uvb bulb and a very low wattage basking bulb over the tub and your set. For less than 20 bux you can make a good temp cage til he gets to about 4 months. Then I'd move him to something larger.

Aww come on, I have always gone larger than normal and all chams here are real happy! Get what you want:D

Awesome! I think this is exactly what I'll do! Thank you so much for your advise! And thank you to everyone else too!

Back
Top Bottom