Calumma hafahafa pictures

Motherlode Chameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have not done one of these in a while. Here's another rare species that pictures are difficult or nonexistent to find. Has anyone seen or has got pictures of Calumma hafahafa? It is allegedly from an area near Ambanja and has a unique nose horn that has warranted the name of the Bizarre Nose Chameleon. This species has got lobes as well.:D

Last edited:
Thanks Chris. When I bring up the page the picture is in the top left corner. Correct me if I'm wrong it seems as the specimen in the photo is a female as it does not have a horn. The horn of this species is bizarre as it is supposed to point strait up.

I thought this post was a joke before I read it all! lol, what a name!

Madagascar definitely has got a reputation for producing some of the most original names. Do not quote me on this a past president or King was known for have the Guinness Book of World records for the longest name in the world. There is the new species Calumma tarzan as well.

Last edited:
Isn't there an article with the description of this species that has photo's in it? I thought I had seen it a few years ago.

Edit: this is the article I meant: Raxworthy, J. C. & Nussbaum, R. A., 2006, Six New Species of Occipital-lobed Calumma Chameleons (Squamata: Chamaeleonidae) from Montane Regions of Madagascar, with a New Description and Revision of Calumma brevicorne, Copeia, 2006(4), pp. 771-734. I checked it and it has photo's of the holotype for C. hafahafa.

Back
Top Bottom