Calcium Plus ICB

I use the Repashy Products for my Geckos and Tortoise. When I decided to get Chams again, I went on to the Kammers site and yeap, that's what I'm using too.

yes i kept mine outside

...i dont know if its good for montane species, due to them being more easily proned to over supplementation

I have a pair of Jackson's that live in a big out door cage...I don't supplement them everyday...just been using the Repashy Calcium with no D and I don't think they have a vit supp without vitD (their Supervit has D too). So i use another vit supp without it.

not exactly

i have been keeping my chams outside using the supplement for about two weeks nows , so far so good

it really does seem that the amount in the calcium plus is precisely in the right ranges for it not to be too toxic whether inside or outside, and it is literally desighned to be used at EVERY feeding

but how much you physicallly put on the crix is another fator as well

Well maybe I could use the CalciumPlus then on my outdoor Jackson's but just not everyday....???? I read all that info about the Repashy dosage but don't want to over supplement them.... but then they are young and growing too...

this is what im getting at, since the calcium plus is relatively new and only so far proven to be okay to use everyday on "panther chameleons"

other chameleons espececialy montanes is still up in the air, but i know a few people trying it out with more or less positive results but then others i get mixed reviews, but that goes with any product

you can try it but maybe start wit ha very light dosage, like on one or twoo feeders every other day or two days???

worse case is they might have overdose on vit a which i doubt, but if they d they you will get a physical abnormality known as gular edema

the only way to rid of gular edema, is to first stop using the supplement, and second hydrate your chams more often for a few days, and give them days to be outside for some natural sunshine as most as possible

other than that i see no reason not to try the calcium plus for other chameleons

hopefuly we get alot pf positive results and maybe our care for our chams might be a little easier :p if not then no big deal, keeping chams is ever growing and changing:) and there is always differet and correct ways to keep a chameleon healthy and thriving

How are people going about gut loading whilst using this product?

Does it affect the balance that the product provides?

How are people going about gut loading whilst using this product?

Does it affect the balance that the product provides?

I have been gutloading just as I did before but, I am constantly changing my gut load recipes.

I know some people have been using Bug Burger as a gutload along with the Calcium ICB. Here are a couple links about it.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/repashy-bug-burger-68317/
http://www.store.repashy.com/bug-burger-en.html

I am sure if you use a good gut load either commercial or home made would be just fine

Sigh........So I would be lying if I said this product doesn't peak my interest. People have been keeping chameleons successfully on the Rep Cal product for years and I understand "If it ain't broke don't fix it" way of thinking but it seems like the Repashy product is becoming more popular in the chameleon world. I've noticed Kammers (www.chameleonsonly.com) is now reccomending it and to be honest having an all in one suppliment sounds tempting.

Would you consider dropping the good ole faithful rep cal and use it? Is it something you would never consider? If so why?

Everyones opinion matters to me and I would love to hear them.

The Repashy Product I am reffering to and its ingredients http://www.pangeareptile.com/store/calcium-plus-all-in-one-supplement.html

Link from Chameleons Only of an article written by Allen Repashy https://www.store.repashy.com/calcium-and-d-3.html

Couple of links from the forum
https://www.chameleonforums.com/repashy-trex-calcium-plus-chameleons-65086/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/vitamin-supplements-dr-ivan-alfonsos-blog-64145/

When searching the Repashy products on the forum alot of Repashy products pop up. The product I am inquirering about is the all in one Repashy Calcium Plus.

I think each situation will be different, depending on type of chameleon, what feeders you choose, what gutload ingredients you use - so there is no single supplement solution that fits everyones needs.

The Repashy Calicum Plus all in one was intended as a daily supplement - it is balanced with that in mind, and as you discovered there are reported successes with this method. So it would seem this is a viable option for some situations.

I personally will not be using the Repashy Calcium Plus as a daily supplement. Partly because I just dont supplement daily - it is not necessary given my situation since I give a wide variety of prey and gutload properly. Also, my panther chameleons have not needed preformed vitamin A to date, to be healthy. Thus adding in preformed A in anything other than a small way is not required or advisable for MY situation. Further, I have no problem with a somewhat "complicated" routine, I dont need things to be the same every day. Indeed I like to adjust what I supplement with according to what I perceive the needs of the day to be - and I have sufficient experience to rely on in this regard. Nevertheless, I do think the Repashy product will become a standard part of my range of choices - I expect to continue using it to some degree

You might be interested to read about my experiment: https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/528-repashy-experiment.html

I haven't tried it myself but I am planning to. My question is ... would you use the same amount for chams that are housed outside, as you would for chams that are housed inside all the time? It seems that if it has the proper amount of D3 for "inside" chams, then it would be too much for the "outside" chams??? I would assume that the same rules apply, as would with any other brand, for Montane species - use very very lightly if at all???

For those that have this product already, is any of this mentioned on the label?

Yes, I think you need to take into consideration your particular situation and adjust accordingly. Montane species very likely need less than Veileds or Panthers (my understanding long term testing has not yet been done with any Montane)

Yes, I think you need to take into consideration your particular situation and adjust accordingly. Montane species very likely need less than Veileds or Panthers (my understanding long term testing has not yet been done with any Montane)

I second that advice! Montane species have a reputation for being more supplement sensitive than other species, so we should assume this is true and start conservatively and work our way towards regular use and gather evidence as it is reliably brought forth abut successes and failures.

Unfortunately, the only way to really learn is to have success AND failure, but these failures, when shared, will make a big difference for those who are able to learn from those who shared their experiences.

Allen

I have a question - was this product originally designed for Gecko's? Just wondered why the picture on the product is a Gecko and not a Chameleon?

By the way, got some in the mail!

It may have been but that doesn't mean it is the only reptile to benefit from the product. It is becoming a standard to use calcium+ with dart frogs. Of course this is comparing apples to oranges but in darts the biggest deficiancy is calcium and vitamin A and most fruit fly do not get gut loaded on what they feed on so supplimenting is a must in this situation

I second that advice! Montane species have a reputation for being more supplement sensitive than other species, so we should assume this is true and start conservatively and work our way towards regular use and gather evidence as it is reliably brought forth abut successes and failures.

Unfortunately, the only way to really learn is to have success AND failure, but these failures, when shared, will make a big difference for those who are able to learn from those who shared their experiences.

Allen

i will be putting 2 younger quads on repashy in the new year and will be monitoring the effect for use with my other chams.
i am curious allen or other what you think a good staring point may be i am thinking calcium plus once every 10days (3x a month) as a startin point??
i have been using it on my 10m old panther now for about 1month and have not noticed any change positive or negative, just easier:cool: for me
any opinions or suggestions???

i will be putting 2 younger quads on repashy in the new year and will be monitoring the effect for use with my other chams.
i am curious allen or other what you think a good staring point may be i am thinking calcium plus once every 10days (3x a month) as a startin point??
i have been using it on my 10m old panther now for about 1month and have not noticed any change positive or negative, just easier:cool: for me
any opinions or suggestions???

I personally would start at around twice a week to animals that are fed daily... or a better formula might be every every third feeding (compared to every feeding for Panthers) I think 3X a month isn't enough for even sensitive species... at a minimum, I would say start with once a week.

Allen

perfect allen i was on the fence about once a week so that helps alot, i will start there and see where things take me.
love the product Allen THX

Should we be considering the effects that it may have on laying females?
Is it really enough on it's own to supply females with enough calcium for egg laying?
I ask because I have been using it, and my female broke her leg due to using calcium from her bones for her eggs. Surely there are other factors that might come into play in my situation but supplements are on the top of my suspicion right now.

Back
Top Bottom