Cages

nthompson

Has anyone ever used flight cages (bird) or large bird cages for their chams? Obviously wouldn't work for a little one. I know brand new that either of these are expensive, but in my area there are quite a few used on Craigslist for sale and for the most part very reasonable. Just curious if anyone has ever tried either of these. I can't build worth beans, so I've just been thinking of different options. :)

I ve thought about the exact same thing when I am perusing CL. Then I thought, "If it was this easy I would see them all over the ChamForums." Hopefully someone who has tried one will chime in...

Lots of members use them, and they work well. Mainly people use them for big chameleons like Meller's but I've used a ferret cage (similar thing) for a Jackson's with success.

Someone on craigslist was selling a HUGE used parrot cage, it was something like 6' wide by 6' tall and I was so tempted. It could be divided down the middle as well. But I have 4 chameleons so I opted for individual screen cages instead.

Go for it, they work well. You will probably have to cup/hand feed and figure out something with drainage but they are certainly an option. Up to you if you decide to use one.

Back
Top Bottom