cage ?????

Would suggest LLL Reptile for screen cages, Reptariums' zippers tend to stop working, they are hard to see into, and they reduce the UVB light as well.

That being said, Cham keepers do use them.:D

Nick

I have a couple. IMO, pros- easy to set up, cheap, easy to clean, cheap replacement parts. Cons- too light weight, I've had probs putting stuff on top without over balancing it. Screen is very dark. The zipper is a PIA!!! I can't stress that enough!!! I've used them as outdoor enclosures and temp housing for medium sized veileds that aren't quite ready for their big lizard cage.

i use them since screen cages are rediculous expensive here, other than kiwi's 2x3x4, i use a reptarium or flexarium for my fischer's. ive never had a problem with the zipper, all though they do get "stuck" at times, but still work fine. i fixed the problem for the top sinking in, by zip tying both top corners of the front mesh by the zipper tightly to the poles. and the same on the bottom. works great. but yes. if you're on a budget i would get one to tie you over and then see which uvb light works best for you. i only have a 38g which is 2.5' high untill i move thomas to his new cage at the end of october. i use a 5.0 with a reflector and the basking uvb perch is no more than 5'' away.

reptariums are flimsy and very hard to see into (i used to have a jacksons in one and every picture i took involved unzipping the side), block a lot of uv light, and they have no front entry. modifications can be made, but imo, screen has worked much better.

I have 4 and love them! I've never had issues with the zippers. I do worry that it may block some of the UVB light though but my guys get outside a lot.

My only issue is the zipper. Someone posted that a bit of vasoline would solve that problem. I don't mind that it's hard to see into because I think Spike would rather I never did get to see him. They are inexpensive. You can fix it so they are over a plastic tub meaning drainage is not an issue (just empty the tub!). You can use the PVC pipe to hang plants. They weigh next to nothing so, if you had to evacuate, you would be able to take the cage rather easily (all the weight would be the stuff inside).

As others have said.. flexariums are very dark, ultra light weight/flimsy in construction and the zippers are poor. Over time a real door is a much appreciated feature. An LLL, Reptibreeze or equivalent are much nicer cages in my opinion. Well worth the extra money in the long run.

I would also add that even a medium watt basking bulb will melt the mesh of a rept/flex-arium if placed directly on top

I would also add that even a medium watt basking bulb will melt the mesh of a rept/flex-arium if placed directly on top

I don't agree with you there, i bought one for my chameleon 2months ago and have had NO problems with them. The basking bulb does not make the plastic melt. Mine is right on top too.

I don't agree with you there, i bought one for my chameleon 2months ago and have had NO problems with them. The basking bulb does not make the plastic melt. Mine is right on top too.

Large or small rept/flex? what wattage bulb? A smallish reptarium with a low watt bulb would would be fine but on a large size with an appropriate size bulb melting is a problem. I guess it would depend on the temps you are trying to achieve and the distance to your perches

Large or small rept/flex? what wattage bulb? A smallish reptarium with a low watt bulb would would be fine but on a large size with an appropriate size bulb melting is a problem. I guess it would depend on the temps you are trying to achieve and the distance to your perches

Large and i use a 40 watts sometimes 60 watts if it's cold. No problems with them at all.

I don't like them because they are dark and the zipper. Get an all screen cage. LLLReptiles has some nice ones.

good, most chameleons dont wanna see you anyways, and by you i mean the people around them.

ha. that's what all my plants are for: he loves to hide... and he definitely does not want to see me (unless i have a wormy treat for him), which is why his enclosure is in the den with the door closed. :)

I already have a cage for izzy my veiled just wanted something nicer looking. the one he is in is home made and not the nicest looking one

I like making my own cages. 50 bucks or so @ Home Depot and u got enough material to make a couple cages, plus its fun :)

Back
Top Bottom