Burnt off horn on jacksons!

jonathan779

Great conditions for my jacksons that is almost 1in a half years old. 72-78 degree temp from perch. Medium cage for his size, maybe jacksons need more room because mine is becoming much more active as opposed to my Senegal and veiled. Well.. I left for 6 hours, and when I came home, his middle horn looks like it has melted. It's almost completely gone?? It's not overly hot on his perch has anyone else had this happen? Maybe his horn got caught in his steel mesh cage? Any suggestions or help please

I do but not sure how to post from my iPad which I took the pictures on... Until I can figure this out without posting to another url, imagine a jackson chameleon with his center horn down to nothing..

He gets calcium with his crickets everyday. He gets d3 and other vitamins 2 times a month, once in the beginning and end of the month. His horn looked weak but with calcium everyday I thought it would strengthen.

Pictures would really helpful. Is it a clean snap off or does it show signs of it being burned? It would have to be quite hot to burn a horn down and odd that it would not affect the others.

Click on the paper clip icon. It's right above where you put the text. Next to the smiley face. That will help you post a pic

Back
Top Bottom