Bruise?

Is this a bruise? I have pictures of both knees for comparison. Plus some fun pics... PLEASE NO COMMENTS ON HER FACE, WE KNOW IT'S BAD AND I AM DOING EVERYTHING I CAN TO HELP HER.

1st: bruised knee
2nd: other knee
3rd: "Do you mind? I'm trying to eat here"
4th: " Get out of my face!"

DSC00594.jpg

DSC00596.jpg

DSC00597.jpg

DSC00600.jpg

It might be, it might also be the start of a burn. Fill this out so we can help better.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

EDIT: If what's on her head is bacterial, it might be spreading to other areas of her body.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled, female, 1 year. Been in my care for 6 months
Handling - daily to give medication and food.
Feeding - 4-5 crickets, 1 superworm, fruit and veggie babyfood every other day. Gutload with carrots and flukers orange cubes. Also give about .3cc's of sugar free powerade every morning.
Supplements - Mix rep-cal plain calcium in with babyfood every other day. Reptivite with d3 every friday mixed in with babyfood.
Watering - Hand mist, about 5 times a day until all the water in the 6oz bottle is gone. I have seen her drinking, but not much.
Fecal Description - Brown solid feces with white urates.
History - She was adopted from petsmart on her last legs. They gave her to me because they thought she was going to die within the week. It had been 6 months but she still has eye problems and two abscess like bumps on her head. She is on ciprofloxacin and she was on vetropolycin but I stopped that because it was just making things worse. She has a vet appointment at a new place this wednesday, hopefully she will get the bumps on her head removed and cleaned and her eyes taken care of. she also needs to be hand fed.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - screen, 32x32x32
Lighting - repti-sun 5.0 linear, two heat bulbs.
Temperature - 80-67, lowest over night temp is usually 64. Digital thermometer.
Humidity - I do not have a hygrometer at the moment but whenever I mist I can feel the humidity in the cage, I let it dry out, then mist again in an hour or two.
Plants - Umbrella tree, hibiscus, geranium, pothos, clementine tree, tangelo trees.
Placement - It is in my livingroom because it does not fit through any door but my front door. It is on the floor, it is too large to fit on a shelf or table.
Location - New Hampshire.

Current Problem - Bruise? She does fall quite a bit, she can't see.

It more than likely is a bruise :) Bless her

I like all the captions that come along with your photos :D

Back
Top Bottom