Bringing pet chameleon across USA boarder from Canada.

Deevo

There is a chance I will be doing an internship in Pennsylvania next summer at a golf course just outside of Philadelphia. It will be from April-August. What is the process for driving acrosss the boarder with my chameleon? Am I even allowed? I was thinking maybe just bringing the chameleon with his lights and getting plants,enclosure,food etc down there? I would like some advice or insight into this if anyone has any tips or experiences with this.

Thanks! :)

edit: Just want to add if I can't then I won't be selling my little buddy.. ill just go work out west

You'll need CITES export permits from Canada to bring him into the US and then you'll need CITES export permits from the US to bring him back into Canada. In order to get those, you'll need copies of the original CITES documents from his original import, or documentation of him being captive bred in Canada. You may also need vet certificates. You should contact USFWS and the Canadian equivalent and ask them about the requirements for transporting a CITES species across their boarder.

Chris

There is a chance I will be doing an internship in Pennsylvania next summer at a golf course just outside of Philadelphia. It will be from April-August. What is the process for driving acrosss the boarder with my chameleon? Am I even allowed? I was thinking maybe just bringing the chameleon with his lights and getting plants,enclosure,food etc down there? I would like some advice or insight into this if anyone has any tips or experiences with this.

Thanks! :)

edit: Just want to add if I can't then I won't be selling my little buddy.. ill just go work out west

Where outside of Philadelphia will you be going?

Ardmore .. its not for sure but I don't really want to admit that it's based on weather how easy it is to bring my chameleon or not lol

Back
Top Bottom