Breeding

I need some help. On August 7th I put my male and female panther together. Yesterday I noticed my female dug a tunnel. She was at the very top of her cage so I thought she laid her eggs. I dug for them and did not find any. She is now digging her second tunnel. How do I know she is done laying her eggs?

She will be skinny and dirty. Feed her heavy calcium with no d3 dusted insects. Lots of water. Give her plenty of privacy if she sees you she could abandon the tunnel and become egg bound

If she's fat and maybe lumpy she's ready to lay her eggs, usually takes about a month. So unless you're keeping her at above normal temps, it's still a little early. After laying and filling in the tunnel she should look decidedly slimmer.

All the females I had I have laid their eggs when you see the whole totally covered back in like no one was there. if they abandon their hole they never covered it back up. they have not laid the eggs. If she does lay her eggs. I usually put a little calcium and vitamins in a syringe with water until it's barely cloudy. And shoot it in your mouth. I only use the vitamins for two days. But I still give her calcium in the water for over a week. Still have never lost one after giving birth

Back
Top Bottom