Bradypodion thamnobates (Natal Midlands Dwarf Chameleon)

Chris makes me not want to post any pictures of my pair. I must say that they are just as beautiful although my point and shoot doesn't show it even in the macro setting. Excellent as always Chris, I look forward to sharing notes regarding the species. They are the coolest I have worked with thus far, them and my Melleri.

I took this photo of my male today:

3871397929_447d36e830_o.jpg

I'm getting a second pair of these guys this week from Cain so I'll have to post pics of them once they arrive as well.

Chris

I'm in the same boat as Kyle in terms of camera quality, but I'm going to try and get some half decent shots of my pair this week. They've been chowing on house and BB flies, silkworms, hornworms and the occasional spider, but haven't been overly enthusiastic abut crickets.

It may also be a case of "lost in translation". I've found that some languages, directly translated to English, can sound a bit more...forward...than it was intended. :)

Luis

No Luis I think Benny just says what he thinks. That is better than beating around the bush. It lets people like me learn from him. He is his own kind of nut like me.:D

Goodie :)

I'm glad you are getting another pair. I still haven't taken any pictures of my 2.2. One of the females shed today. Mine have been eating crickets and BB flies like crazy. I'm out of silkworms right now. They seem to be doing well. Their color in their cage has brightened and they don't do the "hurky jerky" movements when walking anymore. I think this means they are comfortable. Mine sure do poop a lot. They each poop twice a day. My Uthmoelleri and Laterispinis only poop once a day. The doo doo looks good and healthy too. I'm hoping Royden will visit within a few weeks to photograph mine. I too would feel embarrassed to photograph mine after seeing Chris and Jared's photos.

No Luis I think Benny just says what he thinks. That is better than beating around the bush. It lets people like me learn from him. He is his own kind of nut like me.:D

Just read the different topics here everyday. Or read the exportation numbers of many species every year. Now compare it with numbers of CBs. It's just a shame. There are so many brainless guys out there which buy a chameleon and other reptiles with no knowledge, they didn't even have a book about them.
From my point of view it's not understable to butter those people up.
With nice words chameleons don't survive long in captivity
my two cents worth...

Benny,
Experience is one thing, on the other hand it is telling people about what is happening and then mainly explaining why it is as it is. Most people can give advice of comments very easily, but the eplantion often lacks. That is really a shame.

I also don't mind telling it the hard way, as long as I can explain why I say what I say.
And experience doesn't only come from books, mistakes should be made in a certain way but not on and on the same ones.

Yes of course. Making a mistake once is easy with chameleons but now that's the part where you find two different sorts of humans:
- number one give the guilt to everybody else, keeps on making simple mistakes, killing more and more reptiles
- number two learns from it, rethink the conditions, ask people for advise and look for more literature

@Chris: Sorry for hijack the thread

lerning ,reading,yes thats good

reading books are great for learning,as long as it is true or up to date.my experience builts on lots of conversation with humble persons that have lots of knowledge and dont think any questions are bad or silly,if you dont ask you will never know.

Couple updated pics of my 2 pairs of B. thamnobates. The females were not happy about the camera this morning. As you can see, however, the males didn't care at all.

Male 1:
3974309645_ca3a1d8d92_o.jpg

Male 2:
3974309867_ce27f1ba82_o.jpg

Female 1:
3975073660_64a52e1ca1_o.jpg

Female 2:
3974309753_aa2fee24e3_o.jpg

Chris

They look great, Chris! The second female I shipped you never liked the camera here either. The female I have just doesnt seem to stop growing. Hopefully I will be asking for a stud in the future:)

Jared - The females are definitely growing fast. The males are too but the females particularly so.

Phil - There have been some nice species available this year. I'm glad I was able to pick a number of them up and have had such good luck with them all.

Mike - You definitely need to get some pics of yours up.

Chris

Chris,

Do you have any shots of your two males' tail bases/bulges? I've never been sure I actually had a male, but am starting to really think they're both females now. It may help to see younger/developing males rather than adults, though the ages of the animals varied. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom