Bowl Feeder (for veggies & worms)

gerrod85

Hi everybody. I just made this feeder. I was reading on how to introduce new veggies into my chams diet. Apparently some members are mixing worms with veggies in hope that the chameleon will acquire a taste for whatever vegetables are mixed with the worms. The theory sounds like it would work, so i came up with this bowl feeder. I'm sure its not the first ever constructed like this but thought i would share the pic anyways. Any feedback would be appreciated.

The feeder is just a meal worm dish from petco. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the dish the same size as a metal rod along with other smaller holes for drainage. I attached the dish to the rod with some super glue. The rod sticks into the soil of my ficus tree leaving the bowl suspended where the chameleon can easily see what is in the dish. This is the first day i am using the dish so i will post the results later.

Thanks for viewing! :D

full

Last edited by a moderator:
ive just read today about this and i my try it but i was thinking the peices of whatevers in it may be to big? idk if he didnt try it at first maybe try smaller b4 u give up... id love to know how it works for ya tho.

ive just read today about this and i my try it but i was thinking the peices of whatevers in it may be to big? idk if he didnt try it at first maybe try smaller b4 u give up... id love to know how it works for ya tho.

i used the shred peices of veggies into thin worm style slices, sometimes helps

Ha ha. Just want every chameleon wants. I'm mixing the worms in with the veggies. The worms get a good gut load, and the chameleon gets a taste of veggies which, hopefully, gives him an acquired taste for different veggies.

Back
Top Bottom