black spot or scab?

tagerlilly18

i I just got a panther today and I noticed he had a black scaly patch on his back. It looks like he was molting and a piece stayed on bc its flakey around it. Im Not sure if maybe its an older bitten area that has a scab or if it was a scab from a burn? He has a little on his tail too . I attached 2 pictures. The one shows the black spot very rich and larger than what it really is. He was sleeping on me when I took that picture. The other one is more accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_20140323_212259919.jpg
    IMG_20140323_212259919.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_20140323_194417884_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20140323_194417884_HDR.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 225
i I just got a panther today and I noticed he had a black scaly patch on his back. It looks like he was molting and a piece stayed on bc its flakey around it. Im Not sure if maybe its an older bitten area that has a scab or if it was a scab from a burn? He has a little on his tail too . I attached 2 pictures. The one shows the black spot very rich and larger than what it really is. He was sleeping on me when I took that picture. The other one is more accurate.

Kind of hard to say for sure, but if there's a difference in the skin texture it may be a healing injury or a thermal burn. You can protect it and fight infection by applying some OTC Polysporin (no pain reliever ingredients). Hopefully it will slowly disappear with future sheds.

From the sleeping pic, I think it looks like an injury and it looks to be on his tail also. Chameleons bruise black and if that is what it is, it will fade away in time. The second pic looks much better and it could be a little burn on his spine or some type of injury also. Doesn't look like anything too serious.

Back
Top Bottom