Best website to buy BSFL?

I use calcigrubs they are a site sponsor and they offer free shipping and it’s always fast I get really healthy juicy larvae haven’t had a problem with any D/O/A and I live in Vegas with temps as high as 115 so that’s pretty huge for me and they always have either. 10% coupon code or 20% if it’s your first time

I got mine directly from Symton. At the time, they had the best price & service.
They've recently added more feeders, but BSFL is what they were founded on, and I haven't seen anyone do it better.

I always purchase all my feeders including BSFL from dubiaroaches.com. The shipping is fast, you collect "dubia dollars" and it gives you money off of future purchases. They have a good variety of feeders.

I didn’t see BSFL’s on their website, will have to double check it. I use them for my Dubia roaches though. Never had a problem with them. Good experiences so far.
You have to go to their worm section and I believe they call them soldier fly larvae and nutrigrubs, they are all the same thing. I order 100 at a time and let my little guy eat the flies as well.

How do you keep the BSFL’s after you’ve gotten them? Been reading online but we all know you can’t always find a good answer, so I’m putting it out to lovely people. From what I read, you don’t
gut load or dust them. Is this true? Because that seems weird to me. I got my order but they came in sand. It says to clean the sand out but not how to keep them really other than temp and to feed them a banana or soft fruit. So do I just toss them in a bin and feed them soft fruit. No veggies, egg crates etc.....

How do you keep the BSFL’s after you’ve gotten them? Been reading online but we all know you can’t always find a good answer, so I’m putting it out to lovely people. From what I read, you don’t
gut load or dust them. Is this true? Because that seems weird to me. I got my order but they came in sand. It says to clean the sand out but not how to keep them really other than temp and to feed them a banana or soft fruit. So do I just toss them in a bin and feed them soft fruit. No veggies, egg crates etc.....
So when I get mine from Dubiaroaches.com I keep them in that container. I keep them in my basement(where my chameleon is) the room temp is a little lower just because its below ground so they stay in the larvae stage a little longer. I dont feed them and you dont need to dust they are a great source of calcium already. I just feed them the way they are. They will start to turn black and stop moving at some point ( this is when they pupate) I separate those out into another container because they will hatch into BSF. I then feed these to my chameleon as well. He loves hunting them down while they fly. They are slow moving and easy to catch if they do get out of the cage so dont worry about that.

My container has sand in it. So do I keep them in the sand until I’m ready to feed Kronos? Of course, I’d rinse them off previous to feeding him.

My container has sand in it. So do I keep them in the sand until I’m ready to feed Kronos? Of course, I’d rinse them off previous to feeding him.
yes, just keep them in that. I don't rinse them, pull them out I let them crawl around for a second and the sand falls off. My panther is a cup feeder so once they have shaken the sand off I put them in his cup to eat, the sand doesn't stay attached all that much because they are dry not wet/slimy.

Back
Top Bottom