best way to keep humidty and mist.?

mychamtini112012

What is better, the ultrasonic humidifiers, the reptifogger, or the mist king.? which is best with keeping humidity up and allowing them to get a good drink.?

A fogger does not produce enough water droplets the keep a chameleon properly hydrated. Kistking is awsome. I highly recomend it if your not around to mist. Handmisting is best.

we'll I'm around to hand mist, mainly looking for something to keep up humidity. if hand misting is best then I'll be sticking for that. just want to buy something to keep the humidity up. and not risk a RI.

I like hand misting because every thing gets a good soak, and it replicates a rain storm. I use a pesticed type hand pumped sprayer and HOT water to hand mist. My mistking goes off 8 times a day, and keeps everything on the left wet for drinking. I also use a fogger, but thats all for my jackson, that likes it wet and cool. ;)

its not very high. I don't know for sure though I need to order a thing to measure it. I don't use live plants, I'm looking at new ones. I just got her so this is why I'm looking at this stuff now. what plants are best to keep up humidity.?

Ultrasonic humidifiers fitted with some pvc work very well for humidity purposes but i dont feel they provide enough water, a mist king/ aquazamp is a must imo. Especially if you work during the day. Helps with humidity and a supply of hydration. I use both the humidifier and mist king running on timers throughout the day.

its not very high. I don't know for sure though I need to order a thing to measure it. I don't use live plants, I'm looking at new ones. I just got her so this is why I'm looking at this stuff now. what plants are best to keep up humidity.?

Yes you will want to get a hygrometer for sure. And plant wise.... ficus, umbrella plants, hibiscus, and pothos are all good ones

All live plants are great. Pothos and shefflera hold lots of water for drinking. Pothos grows fast and is hard to kill. Im constantly killing sheffleras from over watering. But they are fairly hardy, and do well in a cage. You can get decent electronic RH/Temp gauges at wallmart and homedepot, for about $20.

Where I live its really "DRY" during the winter. I have my Mist King set to mist every hour & a half for 30 seconds. It doesnt even bother him anymore & seems to like it. He also has a Big Dripper that drips all day.... He drinks from that. This works great for me & him because I am gone at work all day from 7to around 4 or 5;)

so a mist king and a humidifier would be best.? as well as hand misting.?

Well if your home enough to hand mist and keep the humidity up, and dont mind doing it just keep doing that. And like davonat said a dripper is probably the only thing i would add to that. Misting systems and humidifiers are not necessary, but just make things easier.

Lol, well, you cant get humidity "to high" per-say. You definetly want a gradient, wet and dry imo. But drippers, foggers, misters, handmisting, live plants, wet towel on the side of a cage, all these things are usefull to increase humidity. Last summer was horrible in TX! It was 100F forever and wicked dry. It seemed like a constant battle to keep my humidity up for my jackson. I recomend the live plants alot. I like my mistking, I like my fogger, and I like handmisting. Just whatever you can manage best. Keep a constant water source, like a dripper. Plants and misting will keep the RH up.

where can you buy the dripper.? and I will have to handmist with these as well.?

You can make one yourself out of a plastic cup, just poke a tiny hole in the bottom and set it atop the cage. There is also a dripper called the" little dripper". You just fill it and adjust how fast it drips with the little knob on it and set it atop the cage. There only like 10 bucks at a petstore

Back
Top Bottom