Best cheap incubator?

Basilisk09

Hey guys, back with another egg question

So I my girl laid another clutch, 24 this time (15 last time, but lost one) and they are sitting well in my styrofoam cooler. The only problem is, the clutch of 24 are sitting closer together, and I feel like I should just invest in a good incubator. After looking online, I think the exo-terra one seems pretty good, but it looks pretty small, especially with having 38 eggs that need to be 2 inches apart, at least thats what i was told. Any suggestions? What should I do?

Hey guys, back with another egg question

So I my girl laid another clutch, 24 this time (15 last time, but lost one) and they are sitting well in my styrofoam cooler. The only problem is, the clutch of 24 are sitting closer together, and I feel like I should just invest in a good incubator. After looking online, I think the exo-terra one seems pretty good, but it looks pretty small, especially with having 38 eggs that need to be 2 inches apart, at least thats what i was told. Any suggestions? What should I do?

The exoterra is small. I have 54 Panther eggs in flat gladware in it and I have little to no room left. Plus the temp constantly is changing in it. I'm having second thoughts on my purchase of it.

The exoterra is small. I have 54 Panther eggs in flat gladware in it and I have little to no room left. Plus the temp constantly is changing in it. I'm having second thoughts on my purchase of it.

Wow thats all I have 150 eggs in my exoterra. I just got threw getting a winechiller for cheap and I got a ranco thermostate and wired it up to the wine cooler and now I have somthing huge to put my eggs inn. It works great and I bet I could fit a 1000 eggs +++ in my new set up:D all for under $200 bucks

Wow thats all I have 150 eggs in my exoterra. I just got threw getting a winechiller for cheap and I got a ranco thermostate and wired it up to the wine cooler and now I have somthing huge to put my eggs inn. It works great and I bet I could fit a 1000 eggs +++ in my new set up:D all for under $200 bucks

I'm using the shelving in the unit. If I took them out and just stacked containers I would fit more. My biggest gripe is that the temp never stays constant despite the heating and cooling settings. I'll walk in and one second its at 71 and 10 minutes later its at 78 when I have it set for 74.

I'm using the shelving in the unit. If I took them out and just stacked containers I would fit more. My biggest gripe is that the temp never stays constant despite the heating and cooling settings. I'll walk in and one second its at 71 and 10 minutes later its at 78 when I have it set for 74.

I have an exo- terra and you can't count on what the temp say's it is, I have 2 digital temps on the inside that measure at 74 when the temp on the unit says 77 or even 81. I highly suggest putting your own Gage inside.

I have an exo- terra and you can't count on what the temp say's it is, I have 2 digital temps on the inside that measure at 74 when the temp on the unit says 77 or even 81. I highly suggest putting your own Gage inside.

i have gauges for mine (i have two now) and once you use the gauges, ignore what the outside reading says mine shows it fluctuating back and forth like 5-7 degrees when its more like 1-2 dgrees shift..also dont let the humidity go over 90 percent on the inside of those things..i found out too much mouisture is what will cause the breakdown

p.s. if i stacked my egg containers i could fit at least 100 eggs ..

*not my vid* but one of my favorites on the net for exo terra incubating..if you look closley they have theirs jam packed with eggs!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNqR_-Imiqc

Back
Top Bottom